poor paint coverage

mopardave

150 Kombi Manual
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've had my kombi for approx. 8 weeks and today, decided to wash it for the first time.......disgusting, but it's a long story! Anyway, I noticed a couple of things:

Roof..........When I was up on my step ladder, I noticed that the paint inside the roof rail channels is thin! I could see the primer under the base coat! Not impressed with that kind of penny pinching.

Rear wheel arch.........I noticed that the stone chip protector film at the base of the wheel arch, adjacent to the slider, has been badly applied and is peeling off already.

It's going in for the dealer to take a look at on Tuesday. The paint issue is not visible unless you're on a ladder so I'm not in a hurry to have the roof resprayed........but I do want it logged for future reference. The anti stone chip film definitely wants replacing.

Has anyone else noticed vw skimping on paint? Bloody bad form for a company that pushes it's premium image.

I have seen a couple posts elsewhere regards poor paint in the roof channels seems slightly too common !

well, I took it and they said the paint is within limits.......not really in a position to argue. If it had been somewhere visible, I'd have put up a fight but I actually felt as reassured as you can be knowing that the maker of your vehicle appears to be skimping on paint.

Yes I mentioned this a few months back. I can see primer in my roof channels too. How can it be within limit if you can see primer? I am going to make sure mine gets logged.

Mine is difficult to tell being white so unsure. Wouldn't have thought it was deliberate??? Not good though.

Back