Two Tone paint. Original or repainted?

HugoFar

I've just bought a 2017 T6 Multivan HL, 4Motion with two tone paint. Blue/silver on top. The dealer said they had resprayed the bonnet due to stone chips which is fine by me, but they didn't refit the bonnet correctly which still needs to be fixed. I'm trying to work out if the two side front wheel arch panels have also been repainted, as they have a quite defined paint masking tape type join, that doesn't seem to be on the boot colour join. I have seen a youtube of the VW factory paint shop doing the masking for a two tone van, and it is pretty labour intensive, and they do use masking tape. So trying to figure out if more of the front of the van has been repainted due to a crash and or something, or if it's original. Maybe the two tone owners out there could let me know if their factory colour join is smooth, or has a defined edge? The dealer has a few other things to fix, like the radio touch screen and the front doors having 'drooped', so it's going back in anyway. Thanks. H

It’s a 3k pounds option from
Factory. It is smooth with no imperfections end edge definition is perfectly neat.
I’ll take a picture for you later of mine.
However I would not be worried too much. It is easy to accumulate scratches and stones. One panel of my van was resprayed at some point and you can notice the difference. Blends well in with the rest of the van but the edge definition is not as it was from factory.

Bit from the "other" forum.

Back