PMS v3 issues

nelmangle

Hi... as a newbie im struggling with the 12v power to devices in my van from the PMSv3 unit

1xlight switch (4 roof LEDS)
1xflexilight
1xWater Pump
1x12v Fridge
1xUSB twin socket

Replaced the Flexilight yesterday - all working fine
Reattached the water pump via tap micro switch all working fine - well for a few mins ONLY then completely stopped, interestingly the Flexilight stopped working too ?
Main lights still work, and i can hear the fridge compressor too...
No fuses blown.

Completely flummoxed .. i have read the PMS has a current protection mechanism but have no idea what this is, how to reset or even see if its activated.

Help please

Unfortunately I don't have the same system as your self but my friend has the same in his T4 and when his engine is running for some reason his 12v electrics stop working apart from his fridge , that is the way that his was designed to work apparently from coach builders while van is in motion ,is yours doing something similar or does all your 12v electrics normally work all the time with engine on and off and something else is happening ?

Yup, my power set up is the same, except EC160. When the engine is running all the rear electrics switch off except the fridge.

I’ve got a pms 3 too. When the engines running my 12v works and recently I found that the battery doesn’t even need to be in the circuit!

seems like different converters connect everything upas they see fit.

Back