Piggy back monitors

slocumjoseph

The Ancient Mariner
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have a little question that I think should be unnecessary but it’s on behalf of my son who glazes over if I try explain the vans new monitoring system and how important it is. The BM2 monitors and bluetooth apps are great but still not graphic enough for him to monitor the monitor. :rolleyes: I see the CTEK equivalent has simple pictures of batteries filling and emptying with green to red colours. I don’t understand why a simple box similar to the BM2 should cost twice the price just for pretty graphics but he sometimes borrows my van for camping and I need him to keep an eye on the state of battery charge. So, assuming I can get him to pay the £47 and add the app to his own phone, can I hang one of these CTEK monitors on the same battery or will the two little monitors interfere with each other?

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 11.27.07.png

Screenshot 2022-04-27 at 11.28.28.png

No they won't interfere with each other.

I've had the cteck units, and didn't think much of them for accuracy. (I had three of them)

More info:

Thread 'Battery Monitoring -- How I Done It --' Battery Monitoring -- How I Done It --

1651058456004.png

Thanks Lee.
At least if I can persuade/arm twist/threaten him to buy one I can fix a tablet sized display up permanently. Something like your rear view mirror idea.

Back