Photography

few from a road trip to Iceland, 4500 miles in a defender td5 was hard going but it didn't miss a beat. Amazing place, love to go back:) The aurora display really was something else and the pics really don't do it justice.

iclr1.jpg nl2.jpg nl3.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that's looks amazing, we are off to Northern Norway and the Lofoten islands this summer for 5 weeks, cant wait:D
Brilliant. That's on the bucket list for me as well (well northern scandanavia!). Will be an amazing trip. I'd love to get to Svalbard

Brilliant. That's on the bucket list for me as well (well northern scandanavia!). Will be an amazing trip. I'd love to get to Svalbard
Hoping we can get right up to Tromso and then across into Sweden and Abisko NP. Svalbard be amazing.

Stunning photos. What a trip that looks like it was
It was, Iceland amazing place. Glad we had the defender and were pretty much self sufficient with the roof tent. Meant we weren't on the main tourist routes a lot of the time, in summer it's a very busy place and paying for 4 weeks accommodation would have bankrupt us...…….

It was, Iceland amazing place. Glad we had the defender and were pretty much self sufficient with the roof tent. Meant we weren't on the main tourist routes a lot of the time, in summer it's a very busy place and paying for 4 weeks accommodation would have bankrupt us...…….

Bankruptcy aside, it sounds like a much better way to do it anyway! Need to head to Reykjavik for work at some point soon. Would be good to tag a little trip to wilderness on the back of it

Bankruptcy aside, it sounds like a much better way to do it anyway! Need to head to Reykjavik for work at some point soon. Would be good to tag a little trip to wilderness on the back of it
Lucky man, defo want to go back we didn't make it up to the West Fjords area. First one is on the Faroes, did a few days stop over on the way up, second one is Landmannaluager, right in the Icelandic Highlands, you can get an off road bus in here and then walk out (takes a few days) but time it for when the roads are open so June/July onwards.

faroes 1.jpg landmann.jpg

Did Tromso a couple of years ago and was there in November for the first day the sun doesnt get over the mountain as winter sets in. Amazing.
The downside is that a shared pizza and two beers cost £50! :eek:

Svalbard is on my list for the next couple of years too. Just need to stop spending on the van!

And on the inversion, its been a long time since I've done that but completely know what you mean. its so peaceful and disconnected from the real world.

Awesome pics gents.

Lucky man, defo want to go back we didn't make it up to the West Fjords area. First one is on the Faroes, did a few days stop over on the way up, second one is Landmannaluager, right in the Icelandic Highlands, you can get an off road bus in here and then walk out (takes a few days) but time it for when the roads are open so June/July onwards.

View attachment 43270 View attachment 43271

Looks absolutely stunning. Will definitely have a nebby when I get chance

The other day I went for a walk around a local Hospital that had been converted. I took some photos on my iPhone which get uploaded to my Google account.
A while later I got a notification of it being having effects done to it. What do you think?IMG_3664-EFFECTS(1).jpg

Back