Performance exhausts

Mrpowwow

VIP Member
Hi Guys
Does anyone have any useful info on upgrading the exhaust on my 140 Blue Motion please, i am thinking stainless steel, dpf delete and a bit more noise etc, can anyone recomend a system or company

Cheers

Andrew

@Mrpowwow , ref Dpf delete.. Be careful, the ministry is starting to get nasty ref this, and there are a lot of dvsa vehicles on the prowl nowadays, they like pulling over stuff and checking compliance! What with the turn against the diesel I can see this just getting harder and harder to get away with Dpf removal, even if it's just the internals, as they are wise to these things we might like to do.....

@Mrpowwow You can get a Milltek system for the T6 and they do a DPF deleat pipe also . Just have the internals removed from your existing DPF and get the non resonated exhaust back from the DPF . They won't be able to tell the DPF deleat if it's done properly . I think DVSA have better things to do than climb under vans to check wether a DPF has been tampered with . Never heard of any T5/6 owners ever been checked . My last T5 never had a problem getting through an MOT with no DPF and I've been stoped a few times for red diesel checks by the ministry and never had any problems .

On the way to Dover they have a DVSA inspection area, they pull anything they like off for a going through and take their time, as the intercept cars like to keep the centre where they have all the space and kit, busy... Mainly big rigs, but if you are slammed to the ground, or they can say you look overloaded etc, they might just as I believe they even have a weigh bridge.....

In any case, it was an observation..

Another thing that is in the pipeline/being talked about for London etc, is the sniffers that can measure pollution as you drive past, and for the offender take a pic of reg number and issue fine.. This is future stuff, but worth thinking through.

Last edited:
@T6 Dave l think you might be wright about the future pollution testing in London , glad I live up north were the air is fresh , all for the north /south divide , keep the southerners down there lol

@Chriswhit , know what you mean, but unfortunately nowadays, what starts in Paris, gets to London, and the daft buggers in office and then gets to all major cities, then the local daft sods get involved in making a name for themselves, and go aha towns then villages... Then Asda says.......... So we then say... It's a cocked up world we live in!

Yeah.. Your right there... Blooming memory, sorry, was having a "senior moment!"... Right what year was this? :eek::D:D:p

@Mrpowwow. No, the Romans liked their roads to be straight for two reasons, first it kept costs down, second it's harder to ambush troops if their are no bends to conceal the "freedom fighters" and sentry posts are further apart with better inter-visibility.:D:D:whistle:
Roman surveyors largely a sober lot, Brits always drinking beer hence bendy roads, plus of course need bends to sneak home after a night on the beer without being spotted by the missus.....

Back