"Parking Charge Notice" :(

shaiboyuk

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Needing a bit of advice.

On our first trip away in the T6, we stopped off in Birmingham town centre for a bit of shopping. We had dog in T6 so I didn't leave it, let the Mrs and daughter go. We have came home to a "Parking Charge Notice" from ParkWatch :/

The area they are saying had no parking unless having a permit, I did stop in for less than 10 minutes, maybe less than 5 minutes. I didn't get out van, and you can see in photos in letter that my DRL's were still on, so engine running.

I know a lot of people say don't pay it, its scaremongering, and have no rights etc but also seen that in last couple of years they try and take people to court etc :/

Whats peoples advice? anyone had similar, appealed and won?

Thanks
Paul

Parkwatch are relentless evil parking demons.

if you want a simple life just man up and pay it . . . then learn from it and dont make the same mistake again.

if you plan to not pay it. . . . then dig your heals in and get ready for the long game.

technically you don't have to pay . . . but they will make your life miserable by sending you narky letters to you for ever . . . . until you give up and agree to pay.

unless you get your solicitor to send them a few fancy letters detailing that you will not pay and that they will have to take you to small claims court for a claim against you proving that you were in the wrong.

1624137406060.png

updated above, (it posed before i finished typing)

updated above, (it posed before i finished typing)

Thanks, just seen the updated message :)

Do I appeal and put my point across that I was there for less than 5 mins, you can see I was still in van and lights were on? Or is it pointless?
Seems that a lot have been caught out by this "private car park" (Location: Kings Parade, Dale End, Birmingham)

Thanks

its up to you.

you can appeal and see what they say.....

they should freeze the PCN cost while the appeal is going on.

give it a try. . . . . if they say no. . . . . . . then just pay it and move on.

its up to you.

you can appeal and see what they say.....

they should freeze the PCN cost while the appeal is going on.

give it a try. . . . . if they say no. . . . . . . then just pay it and move on.
Cheers sir, think that's what I'll do, will write up a reply, detailing what happened and not acknowledging I was driver.

Thanks

It's a 'Parking Charge Notice', not a 'Penalty Charge Notice', and therefore only enforceable if they pursue you through the courts and win. A 'Penalty Charge Notice' is only issued by Local Authorities and the Police, but if you ignore these then you could find bailiffs knocking on your door. If you appeal, they're guaranteed to say no - it's in the DNA of mercenary pond life:mad: However, they have to adhere to strict guidelines on notices setting out the restrictions, and if they fail to do this, it's unenforceable. I've appealed such a c charge before, been turned down, subsequently chosen to ignore the nasty letters and eventually they give up as it's costing them loads in postage before they even consider starting a case in the small claims court.

Take a look at this:Parking rights

We ignored a parking charge notice we got when we parked with a trailer and out van long. Our car was in 1 space a trailer was in space behind still attached to car. Long story short we ignored it and as we had moved we didnt get the letters further down the line where it ended up in court. The other half ended up with a ccj which made things worse. We then had to fight to get the ccj removed and went along the lines of we moved and provided proof of our change of adress and why they didnt send letters to our new address. It had to go back to court so cost us well over 200 quid. I would say pay the 60 quid. I know you can delay it by appealing but I think you then end up having to pay the 100 as its over the 14days.
What ever you do dont just ignore it

I've successfully appealed two parking notices recently so it can be done. Write in with you arguments, was the signage clear? Lemght of time stationary, reasons for this, broken down, emergency call, etc
Nothing to lose so may aswell try. Could have been worse if the congestion charge had started in time as you've have been hit by that also.

Just gone through this with Premier Park. My daughter got a flat tyre so pulled into the car park to change the tyre. Got the £60 fine through which I protested about. This was back in May 2019. I went through all the online stuff about ways to get round it which I did.
They finally sent court papers and the bill now went up to £275.
I opted for a mediation service which finally happened last Thursday.
The court called my daughter and I told her to offer the original £60. They then spoke to Premier Park who said final settlement would be £180.
Daughter accepted it as the nice lady at the court said if I was you I’d just accept that as new laws are in favour of private parking and next stage would be the full £275 with a ccj.
Good thing is she can pay it in stages of £20 over the next months.
My advice is just pay the £60 as it isn’t worth the hours of paperwork you’ll need to do.

I ignored one of these official looking Parking Charge Notices about 8 years ago, I never heard anymore from the firm.

At the time (8 years ago) I asked around and the advice that was circulating is that it costs more for the company to administer the claim than they generally recover.
They rely on victims shelling out the ‘fine’.
My PCN had the black and white check logos and was designed to look like a court / Police notification.

Back