Parking aid crashes when screen illuminates [Resolved]

Hi I've got a 2014 transporter with parking aid issues. Basically when you select reverse image comes up on screen but then system crashes. Fault codes 13632256 & 13639168 (missing message) comes up. I'm assuming one relates to the front and other to the rear sensor's.
Have already changed PCM at enormous expense, as it originally highlighted that as the problem.

Don't seem to be able to get any VCDS readings on any of the parking sensors as system is obviously shut down I guess?

Hi. Hopefully this will help.
Basically gives 2 general fault codes relating to front and rear sensor's but nothing specific.
Been into all sensors and got live readings. Seems to be a signal problem but where is the question?

Attachments

• Log-RE64WNA-WV1ZZZ7HZFH069862-130780km-81262mi.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mmi
Hi. Hopefully this will help.
Basically gives 2 general fault codes relating to front and rear sensor's but nothing specific.
Been into all sensors and got live readings. Seems to be a signal problem but where is the question?
Hmm... interesting. Has the parking aid controller (Address 10) been tinkered with VCDS?

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels:| 7E0-919-475.clb
Part No SW: 7E0 919 475 AA HW: 7N0 919 475
Component: PARKHILFE 8K H06 0212
Revision: -------- Serial number: 28232120400371
Coding: 312101

2 Faults Found:

13632256 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
U1111 00 [009] - -
[Steuergerät für Anhängererkennung-J345 - kein Signal/keine Kommunikation]
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

It seems that the parking aid controller (=Address 10) is looking for trailer controller unit, which does not exist on this van - thus the fault.

13639168 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
U1111 00 [009] - -
[Steuergerät HRE_Master - RCTA_01 - kein Signal/keine Kommunikation]

I guess the parking aid controller is looking for Parking Assist (e.g. Rear Traffic Alert/Side Assist) controller, which does not exist on this van - thus the fault.

Both of the missing controllers are coded to be present in the parking aid controller
I would try by changing current
Coding: 31 21 01 to
Coding: 30 01 01 (=no trailer hitch, no parking assist)
and then clear the faults again. Turn ignition off and back on - select reverse, etc. - check again for the faults.

Hmm... interesting. Has the parking aid controller (Address 10) been tinkered with VCDS?

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446) Labels:| 7E0-919-475.clb
Part No SW: 7E0 919 475 AA HW: 7N0 919 475
Component: PARKHILFE 8K H06 0212
Revision: -------- Serial number: 28232120400371
Coding: 312101

2 Faults Found:

13632256 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
U1111 00 [009] - -
[Steuergerät für Anhängererkennung-J345 - kein Signal/keine Kommunikation]

It seems that the parking aid controller (=Address 10) is looking for trailer controller unit, which does not exist on this van - thus the fault.

13639168 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
U1111 00 [009] - -
[Steuergerät HRE_Master - RCTA_01 - kein Signal/keine Kommunikation]

I guess the parking aid controller is looking for Parking Assist (e.g. Rear Traffic Alert/Side Assist) controller, which does not exist on this van - thus the fault.

Both of the missing controllers are coded to be present in the parking aid controller
I would try by changing current
Coding: 31 21 01 to
Coding: 30 01 01 (=no trailer hitch, no parking assist)
and then clear the faults again. Turn ignition off and back on - select reverse, etc. - check again for the faults.
Thank you very much for your advice. I've been saying all along that it's going to be either tow bar or head unit not compatible. I'll give that a try on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Reactions: mmi
Thank you very much for your advice. I've been saying all along that it's going to be either tow bar or head unit not compatible. I'll give that a try on Monday. Have a great weekend.
Morning. Plugged into it this morning and put in the new code that you gave me and Bingo!!
All sorted. Thank you so much for your help and advice. Can't quite understand how it ended up with the wrong code.
I have only recently brought it as an upgrade from my old one and have been sorting out issues with reversing camera and parking sensor wiring as it had all been got at. Couldn't understand why after fixing all the problems we found it still didn't work. Now we know.
Once again thank you very much.

Back