Painting Davenport plastic centre-caps

Danny1964Boy

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have just powder coated my Devonports gloss black and pleased with the look.

I would like either to paint the grey plastic caps gloss black or change the caps for something better. Any suggestions on a paint to use or after market cap?

These will just be for winter so can hand paint every autumn if that’s the best solution.

I bought some cheap chrome / black VW logo ones off Ali Baba but i think thery're also on eBay - IIRC they were 65mm but somebody might correct me on that as I could well be wrong.

I would like either to paint the grey plastic caps gloss black or change the caps for something better. Any suggestions on a paint to use or after market cap?

These will just be for winter so can hand paint every autumn if that’s the best solution.
PlastiCote will do the trick.

Where did you get your Devonports powder coated?

Hi @Danny1964Boy I am considering getting my Devonports powder coated in gloss black on my Candy white T6. Do you have any pictures of your wheels please? Did you do something with the centre caps?

Thanks for this - I’m going to paint mine black too as winter wheels. I think the original caps look fine

Thanks for sharing the photo. `I don’t dislike the centre caps, I am trying to remove the shiny silver from my van. I’ve swapped the silver grille trim in the front bumper for orange and replaced the badge with gloss black and the orange backing. I’ve removed all the silver badges off the tailgate too and now just have a new gloss black vw badge. I wondered about painting the centre caps (perhaps just the silver bit) in orange to pick up the theme.

Thanks for sharing the photo. `I don’t dislike the centre caps, I am trying to remove the shiny silver from my van. I’ve swapped the silver grille trim in the front bumper for orange and replaced the badge with gloss black and the orange backing. I’ve removed all the silver badges off the tailgate too and now just have a new gloss black vw badge. I wondered about painting the centre caps (perhaps just the silver bit) in orange to pick up the theme.
Yes I have done that except for the VW logos. The copper bronze has a metallic grey in it where it somehow works. That’s the fun of it. Each one of our vans is unique to us

That would look ace! Just mask off the black and introduce the hint of Orange

Back