Paint Blisters

Well I've emailed VWCV head office requesting the research documentation that led VW to the conclusion 'outside influences'
I promised that once it's proven that the issues are down to 'outside influences' and not contamination from the inside outwards, causing the blisters, I will happily rectify the problem myself and consider the matter closed.
I hold out little hope, but will be interested in their response. I'm genuinely gutted that things have been dealt with in this way, but if I have to rectify the issue at my cost, it's not the end of the world, and certainly won't stop me buying another T6 or T7.
You're taking an admirably philosophical view of this @Tourershine and good for you (and no, I'm not being sarcastic)......but there's an underlying dishonesty about the way VW is treating its customers.....look at some of the issues faced by our forum members. Some of the issues have been outrageous...….AND outrageously repetitive! I know if I'd had the same experience as some...…...I'd have been doing the wall of death around the inside of the showroom! I don't mind problems so long as they ultimately get resolved.....it isn't a perfect world and it isn't a cancer diagnosis so we have to keep a sense of perspective.....but I'd bet every single member of this forum has worked hard for their ride......and we all care enough to be on this fantastic forum (Doff my cap to @Pauly and the mods:thumbsup:) so it smarts a bit when you are treated with contempt by the very people who we've handed our hard earned money to! Make no mistake, VW were caught out trying to mislead the motoring public AND the authorities and they're paying the price....which they kindly passed on to us btw! The expression "bite the hand that feeds" comes to mind! Don't get me wrong, I love my van and I love to drive it......and I'm not saying I definitely won't get another.....I never ever say never.....but I'm disappointed in VW's contemptuous attitude to its customers and they seem to forget that we all have a choice. No one is more disappointed in their attitude than I am.....and so far, judging by others on here, I've done OK!:thumbsup:

You're taking an admirably philosophical view of this @Tourershine and good for you (and no, I'm not being sarcastic)......but there's an underlying dishonesty about the way VW is treating its customers.....look at some of the issues faced by our forum members. Some of the issues have been outrageous...….AND outrageously repetitive! I know if I'd had the same experience as some...…...I'd have been doing the wall of death around the inside of the showroom! I don't mind problems so long as they ultimately get resolved.....it isn't a perfect world and it isn't a cancer diagnosis so we have to keep a sense of perspective.....but I'd bet every single member of this forum has worked hard for their ride......and we all care enough to be on this fantastic forum (Doff my cap to @Pauly and the mods:thumbsup:) so it smarts a bit when you are treated with contempt by the very people who we've handed our hard earned money to! Make no mistake, VW were caught out trying to mislead the motoring public AND the authorities and they're paying the price....which they kindly passed on to us btw! The expression "bite the hand that feeds" comes to mind! Don't get me wrong, I love my van and I love to drive it......and I'm not saying I definitely won't get another.....I never ever say never.....but I'm disappointed in VW's contemptuous attitude to its customers and they seem to forget that we all have a choice. No one is more disappointed in their attitude than I am.....and so far, judging by others on here, I've done OK!:thumbsup:
Sorry to hear about these problems. I had a horror story with my T5 vel, and VW(UK), particularly the extended warrantee; so I hold VW(UK) in complete contempt; but still love T's.

Update:

Just had a phone call from VW customer care saying they have had another look through my argument, and agreed they want to re-open the case. They want to talk to my dealer and arrange for an independent inspector from PVWI, which is an independent body that apparently inspects issues like mine for manufacturing defects.
The lady agreed it hadn't been handled in the best way with my own dealer knowing what the issue is, but saying they don't hold out much hope for a successful claim.

She will get back to me by Wednesday with the plan moving forward. :thumbsup: We will see.

AND??????

A bit of a long winded story, but had a call from VW customer care a couple of days ago, saying the photos they had weren't clear enough for technical to see.
When I questioned how they'd come to the conclusion of 'outside influences' if they couldn't actually see the photos, the lovely lady on the phone went quiet, and said she'd look into it and get back to me. Asking if it was possible to re-send more pictures, which I did.

Subsequently they called today and said that the technical dept had looked at the 'clearer' photos and agreed with my own opinion.
The new official conclusion direct from VW technical: 'Fault with the painted surface, warranty claim approved'

Just waiting to hear what that actually means in reality.

Result.. let hope they can spray well.. as this could be a nightmare in itself.

Parkway VW already agreed that it was possible in my circumstance that I could have the option to either let them do it, or they'd foot a realistic invoice for my own bodyshop to carry out the work.

A bit of a long winded story, but had a call from VW customer care a couple of days ago, saying the photos they had weren't clear enough for technical to see.
When I questioned how they'd come to the conclusion of 'outside influences' if they couldn't actually see the photos, the lovely lady on the phone went quiet, and said she'd look into it and get back to me. Asking if it was possible to re-send more pictures, which I did.

Subsequently they called today and said that the technical dept had looked at the 'clearer' photos and agreed with my own opinion.
The new official conclusion direct from VW technical: 'Fault with the painted surface, warranty claim approved'

Just waiting to hear what that actually means in reality.
Can you upload some of the pictures you have taken to enable others to compare them to their own paint blisters?

Have you heard from VW @mopardave @tubs? Because I have today :)
No....nothing! It's been about 10 months! @Fish is right though.....I've only ever had two occasions to use a dealer body shop and one was a nightmare (Vauxhall) and one was faultless (BMW). Both were factory paint faults.....this will be my third! I have no faith in my VW dealership body shop after the hash they made of replacing my leaking windows. If I'm successful, I'll suggest that I'll take it to a really good paint shop I know of if VW will pay for it or towards it. I'll ring again tomorrow. Congratulations @Tourershine!:thumbsup:

Can you upload some of the pictures you have taken to enable others to compare them to their own paint blisters?

They look exactly like this. Mine are on both sliding doors, both rear quarters very low down, and behind the sliding rail panel, but suspect this one is due to an ill fitting cover.

Thankfully they are not obvious, but they need nipping in the bud now, before it looks like a 5 year old Vito.

20190206_155356.jpg

20190206_155736.jpg

Back