Padstow Touring Park

Ayjay

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've bitched on here in the past about the amount of money being asked for a pitch by this site but I've now had an email from them telling me that they no longer do touring pitches of any kind and have now gone over exclusively to 'luxury caravans and lodges'. It's a pity really as we've been using it since our first tenting days together in the early 1990s when IIRC it was called Trerethen Farm. It was also there where a couple pitched next to us showed us around their very nice T6 and planted the first seeds of campervan ownership in my head.

Last edited:
Hi, we kind of guessed this was going to happen as we stayed there in July 2022 and witnessed the development of the park Holmes covering 80% of the site,also during our stay we had to endure much construction works resulting in our van being covered in dust for the duration of our stay,which to be fair after our complaints they did compensate us half our site fee,it's still a shame they have chosen to go down
this route over the touring vans, but as a business point of view I imagine it's guaranteed income with very little need to provide services.

I have seen loads of site now add static caravans and reduce the number of touring pitches. More money in fixed caravans I guess.

@nomislotsirb. Looks like a nice site but it‘s not exactly within easy walking distance from town like the other place is/was. It’s a personal thing but I don‘t like to drive much once on a site and certainly not for beers and food - we tend to self cater only every other night at most. The other place also had a Tesco just up the road.

Last edited:
That's a shame we stopped there for years when my daughter was younger ,back in the days when 2 weeks cost £150 !!

Second the MacDonalds Farm site as we stayed there in 2021 and it has a decent beach within (an admittedly exciting/dangerous on road) walking distance at the bottom of the hill.
Regarding Padstein that's a bit of a mixed bag these days as far too popular for its own good with so many of the "walking dead" just milling around the harbour side shops and clogging that area up before you can get through to the beach path.

I have seen loads of site now add static caravans and reduce the number of touring pitches. More money in fixed caravans I guess.
That’s where Cornish people live as they can’t afford houses anymore.
The ones who can’t afford a static caravan live in Transits or friends sofas.
Not everybody in Cornwall welcomes tourists.

That’s where Cornish people live as they can’t afford houses anymore.
The ones who can’t afford a static caravan live in Transits or friends sofas.
Not everybody in Cornwall welcomes tourists.
Aye! The parents & grandparents of the current generation weren’t bothered about where their kids were going to live, when they cashed in & sold off granny’s cottage to the Surrey second homers. :whistle:

Aye! The parents & grandparents of the current generation weren’t bothered about where their kids were going to live, when they cashed in & sold off granny’s cottage to the Surrey second homers. :whistle:
Some, the rest were fleeced by care home fees.

For some reason my two lads left college ten years ago and so far have felt very little inclination to put down roots here in Mordor/Northampton choosing Bolton and Glasgow instead... I blame their exotic foreign wimmin luring my lads to their doom!
Regarding holiday homes, sadly cheap buy to let mortgages and fantastic air BnB rates of return have been the death knell of shit loads of lovely places to actually just live.

For some reason my two lads left college ten years ago and so far have felt very little inclination to put down roots here in Mordor/Northampton choosing Bolton and Glasgow instead... I blame their exotic foreign wimmin luring my lads to their doom!
Regarding holiday homes, sadly cheap buy to let mortgages and fantastic air BnB rates of return have been the death knell of shit loads of lovely places to actually just live.
Would have to be one hell of a s^@g to move to Bolton.

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back