Over window shelf

TathamsT6

Hi everyone,

So our SWB T6 camper has this type of over window shelf but it stretches a bit further back than the window.

I really hate it because it just ends up as a dumping ground and also nothing is contained or strapped down so stuff has to be moved before heading off anywhere.

Does anyone have any clever storage solutions they use for this type of shelf?

Thanks in advance!
59731-1a7f0a8adad0ae034997a4c7aecdefa4.jpg

We only put stuff in that isn’t going to fall out. How high is the lip that holds stuff in ?

Pete

Hi everyone,

So our SWB T6 camper has this type of over window shelf but it stretches a bit further back than the window.

I really hate it because it just ends up as a dumping ground and also nothing is contained or strapped down so stuff has to be moved before heading off anywhere.

Does anyone have any clever storage solutions they use for this type of shelf?

Thanks in advance!
View attachment 159664
Looks ideal for Beans and all day breakfast tins ? @Dellmassive

It could be worth installing some elasticated strap 30mm higher than your aluminium profile. I cannot find the specific type online but the LOC8 table storage system used the type i'm thinking of. i imagine a 5mm hole either end of the shelf would allow this to push through and then give an extra bit of resistance while driving...

Our shelf looks the same type but we use it to store PPE kit (emergency masks/gloves), small first aid kit, kitchen roll, box of tissues, anti bacterial wipes, mossie repellent etc. None of it goes flying when we‘re driving but I have seen spring loaded bars fitted before - like a shower curtain rail but thinner. I’m almost ashamed of the very poor iPad picture but in my own defence, there’s not much light and I’m still in bed!image.jpg

Back