Outdoor Awning Light

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Merry Christmas everyone!

I want to put an LED strip light that will sit underneath the awning bar. So, on the outside of the van - will need to be waterproof and switch from just inside the can, to the right of the sliding door.

Has anyone fitted one? Experiences? Are there alternative options?

I have an led strip in a diffuser with magnetic strip on the back. Sticks on the side of the van and the cable goes through the door.

View attachment 56900

View attachment 56899
Deaky
Please can you let me know the parts number of how I put together one of these please love this
Is the red at the bottom the same then you run the cable inside into a usb or 12v cigarette lighter?
Any help would be great

Hi @Albel these are the lights here but it appears they are no longer available. However it gives you an idea of what they are and I’m sure there are much better ones around now.

Hi @Albel these are the lights here but it appears they are no longer available. However it gives you an idea of what they are and I’m sure there are much better ones around now.
Thanks they look exactly what I was after assume the magnet just fixes to the awning rail
Thanks again

Deaky
Please can you let me know the parts number of how I put together one of these please love this
Is the red at the bottom the same then you run the cable inside into a usb or 12v cigarette lighter?
Any help would be great
There are no part numbers. I used a black led diffuser channel with a roll of magnetic tape off Ebay.

Thanks they look exactly what I was after assume the magnet just fixes to the awning rail
Thanks again
The magnets attach to the van. I recall there are four but it would be better with a couple more. We do have a C section rail on the van for attachments but as it’s aluminium the magnets wouldn’t of course attach to that.

The magnets attach to the van. I recall there are four but it would be better with a couple more. We do have a C section rail on the van for attachments but as it’s aluminium the magnets wouldn’t of course attach to that.
Great thanks I have seen them now and also checking on Amazon account they still stock them

Back