Our Boy Is Home. . .

For some reason I love those vents , just reminds me of an old car I had , lovely looking van you have there

What's that roller thing on top of your windscreen? Looks like a rolled bit of tarpaulin?

Lovely van btw

If I remember it was a single colour earlier. Now you are shifting your allegiance from team silver to team two-tone? :D

Looks cool, and that rear winch fitment never fails to impress me. Hoping to seeing it in the flesh one of these days. :thumb

i assumed the bottom half would have taking the bashing and need the paint, so was expecting black up top and another colour lower down! looks good tho and ready for another adventure!

Thanks for your comments, I would like to say the bonnet vents were a very useful addition following our trip to Mongolia, but I think I would be kidding myself ! Although they do help to dissipate heat from under the bonnet, I just wanted them ! The item above the windscreen is the 150w LED light, a fantastic thing, but above 80 mph it creates a lot of audible turbulence, so I made a D shaped front to go on it (more aerodynamic) and tilted it down to put it effectively in a stalled position, turbulence gone, will take it off when we go away again. The reason for the two tone this way round was because although there was a lot of damage along the sills (even though we had Seikel’s rock sliders on) we also smashed in the rear door when we broke all the welds on the spare wheel carrier and the massive wheel went backwards and forwards into the door. We were so busy at the time extricating ourselves off a mountain and out of a couple of bogs that we didn’t even notice. . . So we had a choice with the respray and decided go with lighter above in the hope it might be a touch cooler in the summer. Italy here we come.

Back