Other Uses For Sikaflex

Malcyb

Hi,
Sikaflex is widely raved about for conversions, but has anyone here used it for other applications? In particular, my previous efforts at sealing around the edge of our bath with the best “conventional” sealant I could find have failed miserably after a pretty short time. Would it work better than silicone sealant generally available from DIY stores and, if so, which is the type to get? Being durable, flexible and waterproof it seems to tick a lot of boxes, but searching the web I couldn’t find much written about its use round the house. Need some lockdown projects and this is one of them.
Thanks

I’ve used toolstations version Puraflex 40 for loads of things.
Recently used it to seal the flashing on a new roof to stop water getting in, to stick the plastic undertray back together where I cut it to fit a secondary fuel tank for my heater, to stick bits of brick that had suffered frost damage back together on the garden wall etc etc.
Pretty much anywhere that you might use silicone but where you want a firmer set, it also doesn’t have the acetic acid component that can affect some substrates.

Back