Ordered new wheels

@Tony&Dawn after speaking to Gary he said the Nexen su1 a good tyre so going to give them a go
Not familiar with them myself but look like they get decent reviews, look a low noise tyre which is always good. Had Falkens on my last Transporter really liked them, always interested in people’s choice in tyres with such a wide variety out there:thumbsup:

yeah i looked at reviews seemed good like you said low road noise which i liked and good priced tyre

I'm running Nexen SU1 255/45/19 104 after messing up my under-load rated Continentals.
I tend to get through tyres pretty quickly, and have my favourites. The Nexens have done 3000 miles with me, and I can confirm they are a very quiet tyre, and for some strange reason they still look like brand new! If there is a downfall, they are not as grippy as a few of the higher end tyres I've run, but then I guess they wouldn't be.
Would I buy another set? Actually yes I would, mainly down to their comfort and longevity.

I'm running Nexen SU1 255/45/19 104 after messing up my under-load rated Continentals.
I tend to get through tyres pretty quickly, and have my favourites. The Nexens have done 3000 miles with me, and I can confirm they are a very quiet tyre, and for some strange reason they still look like brand new! If there is a downfall, they are not as grippy as a few of the higher end tyres I've run, but then I guess they wouldn't be.
Would I buy another set? Actually yes I would, mainly down to their comfort and longevity.
Would be interested how these wear longer term( give us one of your informative reviews) as you rack up the miles more than most.

Would be interested how these wear longer term( give us one of your informative reviews) as you rack up the miles more than most.

I did a review on my T6 on here, that I will add to as the miles build up, so I will also add the tyres to this.
I will say that by 3000 miles on the Continentals, they were already starting to look worn pretty heavily. This might of been because they are not a tyre that's really suitable for such a heavy vehicle, but to put into context, the Conti's were nearly £700 and the Nexens are less than £400.

It just takes back the 3% over read from the original speed reading.
If you check it against a sat nav, that size tyre reads perfect.

It just takes back the 3% over read from the original speed reading.
If you check it against a sat nav, that size tyre reads perfect.

I'd agree with that. Mine is spot on with sat nav, and that's all I'm personally bothered about, because it's very annoying when they don't match.

Reactions: .50
Agree, with the speed, the speedo is now accurate to the sat-nav so no margin of error for speed cams etc...

I'm also running 255/45/19 104XL First set were Uniroyal rainsports (approx 9500 miles) now on super cheap Duraturn Mozzo Sports which seem just as good performance wise but I've only covered around 1000 miles on them so far so too early to comment on wear but at half the price of the unroyals they should represent good value!..

Nice choice of wheel @paul600rr

I'm going round in circles on wheels - did I really just say that?

I'm thinking of switching mine for 19s, and prefer the idea of the same size all round to make it easier with tyres etc.
But the rear arch needs a lot more "filling" than the front one does - so wondered whether I should go staggered.

Does anyone have any pictures of something like 19x9 front and rear wheels taken along the side of the van to show the poke?
TIA

I'm going round in circles on wheels - did I really just say that?

I'm thinking of switching mine for 19s, and prefer the idea of the same size all round to make it easier with tyres etc.
But the rear arch needs a lot more "filling" than the front one does - so wondered whether I should go staggered.

Does anyone have any pictures of something like 19x9 front and rear wheels taken along the side of the van to show the poke?
TIA

Poke will be determined by the wheel offset, and it will also be affected if you lower the van as that will also move the wheels inwards

Poke will be determined by the wheel offset, and it will also be affected if you lower the van as that will also move the wheels inwards

Thanks @T6Paul.
I've done lots of calculations, measured the gaps on the van with the current wheels and looked at places like willtheyfit.com.
I think the ideal setup for 19s would be staggered with 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rears, but I'm wondering if 19x9 front and rear would be a workable compromise.

After all, it's only half an inch :eek:

Thanks @T6Paul.
I've done lots of calculations, measured the gaps on the van with the current wheels and looked at places like willtheyfit.com.
I think the ideal setup for 19s would be staggered with 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rears, but I'm wondering if 19x9 front and rear would be a workable compromise.

After all, it's only half an inch :eek:

I'm running 19x9 front and rear.

IMG_0333.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

Last edited:
Back