Opinions On Grilles

dubber36

In a place that few understand
VIP Member
T6 Legend
My Candy Velle is having a mild makeover tomorrow, but I'm now undecided about the grille.

Originally I was going to go with a gloss black on white theme, so bought a gloss black grille and badge. A change of mind on wheels has made me think that I should perhaps keep the chrome in the grilles, side and tailgate lip strips.

I'm having V1 black THQ headlights, WOC splitter and black trapeziod side bars. The inners of the headlights are quite a close match to the proposed wheels. Do you think that I should keep the Velle grille? It is supposedly the 'top' T6 factory one after all.

These are the wheels in question.

Trident-MGPR_17828_600.jpg

Can you not add your chrome strips to the new gloss black grille, or are the gloss black ones one-piece?

On the Velle one, the slats that the chrome trim goes onto is gloss black anyway.

What are you now doing with the gloss black grille and badge?

Last edited:
Selling them. I'll put them up in the classifieds later.

OT @dubber36 and are those the chrome interior or black interior THQ headlights pretty please, followed by, are they an improvement over the Caravelle lights which are supposed to be an improvement over the steam powered H4s us lesser mortals have?

They are the black internal V1s with the normal indicators. They are mostly chrome with some darker elements. The black V2s with the sequential indicators are pretty much all back.

With LED bulbs in the dipped beam, they are a huge improvement over the Velles original H7s

Back