Opinions On Crafter Price.

Dave F

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have been thinking about getting a bigger van. I used to have a master then got the new traffic sport but it’s just to small. A ex demo crafter 177 highline on a 17 plate with 9000 miles. Its a MWB high roof and in blue which is the colour I need and size. If I had new I would pick a lot of extras but it would also be a lot mor expense. Question is how good a price is this and would there be be movement on this?. It’s from lookers vw was hoping to get it for about 20k as it doesn’t have sat mac just app connect. Also vw finance is appalling in my opinion 6.2% fixed rate any opinions would be appropriate as going in tomorrow/ Monday to see them.

C1EC4771-1B61-4967-B1FC-CCF200CE1970.png

EA561FED-8950-4C07-9E28-45611CB31844.png

No idea on pricing but it's Q4 end of their financial year they will be desperate for new business.

Go low ..... walk away and leave number :)

No idea on pricing but it's Q4 end of their financial year they will be desperate for new business.

Go low ..... walk away and leave number :)
That’s what I though I did get my T6 from them 2 years ago. They told me last time that there is no moment on the financial rate. Renault gave me 3% flat rate after asking once I’m unsure what the difference is between flat rate and fixed rate. Thanks for your reply

That’s a good price for a 177. These new crafters are a lot more money than the old shape. Much better van too

That’s a good price for a 177. These new crafters are a lot more money than the old shape. Much better van too
The biggest thing that I always have is auto headline and wipers but am unsure if this is on the highline or if it’s a option. Can use the app connect to look at sat Nav off my phone?.

The biggest thing that I always have is auto headline and wipers but am unsure if this is on the highline or if it’s a option. Can use the app connect to look at sat Nav off my phone?.
Google maps and Waze both work on my app connect from my iphone

Think you might struggle to get it for 20k 6.4k off is quite a chunk, wish i had gone for a crafter too for a camper its a bit tight for us in the t6, good luck

Think you might struggle to get it for 20k 6.4k off is quite a chunk, wish i had gone for a crafter too for a camper its a bit tight for us in the t6, good luck
That’s 20k + vat sorry I should has mental vat. Just looking and it doesn’t have A/C either as that is also a option on even the high line. Maybe that’s the reason it’s hasent moved for a few weeks. I’m considering that if I don’t get one with the correct options when I sell it could be harder to sell. On the other side I don’t often see blue crafters for sale but it’s that old saying buy in haste repent at leisure

you wont get a personal loan at 3% for 20k plus
I would probably look at lending 17k I just used 20k as a example. I will go and see them today and see if there is any movement. After that it’s kust the lack of specification but I suppose if I go for new highline with sat nav and auto wipers and lights even on the 140 it will be over 32k and that is a little steep for a work van. I am a plumber and bathroom filter so it’s hard to keep it nice all the time so have to be realistic. Thanks

you wont get a personal loan at 3% for 20k plus

Really? Sainsburys will give you 20k over 3 years at 2.8%APR

Over 5 years it is 2.9%

You can borrow up to 40k.

Interest rate depends on your credit history in most instances but I have had no difficulty getting these rates on my van loans.

Really? Sainsburys will give you 20k over 3 years at 2.8%APR

Over 5 years it is 2.9%

You can borrow up to 40k.

Interest rate depends on your credit history in most instances but I have had no difficulty getting these rates on my van loans.
Have you managed to get these rates from dealers as well. Like I say Renault will but VW say they can’t but is that just sales rubbish.

Tried for both my golfs and the van but very little movement on rates, certainly no where near the bank rates.

Back