Heya all
Newbie here
Just felt it should be known of the issues with my t6.1 combi
I’ve had the van 6 mths it’s a high spec
It’s been into the dealers 4 times in last 6 mths with door issues
First off the battery caused a problem
Replaced under warranty
Then the keys needed reprogrammed twice not linked to battery
The elec tailgate and twin elec sliding doors. Stopped working both sliders had new motors and now a power control unit
The dealers would get it working then it would simply stop after 4 or 5 goes
Another new pcu unit now fitted so time will tell if it stays working
The tailgate opens from key fob when it feels like indicators flash to say low batt but yet it’s fully charged as I’ve checked being an engineer
And now to my dismay this morning it appears mine also had the drivers door cold issue the handle won’t open
So prob yet another trip to dealers
It’s got to the point where I book it in anyway to prevent a 4-6 week waiting time
Yes both cables done under warranty for Bowden as well on recall
Cmon Volkswagen sort it all out it’s shocking I’ve done 6 k and it’s a 20 plate van
My old splittie and then bay were more reliable
It’s got to the stage where I am looking at legal advice as van was due to be fitted out but I can’t do it yet due to faults
Sorry to rant on but need to let the community know
Thought the new vans should be better that the old t5/6 which seemed way better

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Welcome to the forum :oops:

Welcome, it seems like you were unlucky with a faulty BCU, not something we hear very often, now that it has been replaced, hopefully the majority of the issues have been solved as it plays a major part in the operations of the vehicle.

Thanks all for welcome
The vans actually had 2 sliding door motors and is now on its second pcu for the doors
The tell tale signs are the driver side simply seems dead as if pcu module doesn’t recognise a door
And the dash switches let alone keys do not work at all hopefully this will now work
Time will tell as it usually lasts a few weeks
The driver door cold issue seems a common fault too that lots suffer
My next posts should be questions on ice upgrade speakers etc and a diary of fit out from the guys at van haven
Cheers

Back