One way lid for water tank, is there such a thing?

Davidh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I'm sure there is an obvious solution to this but I have a 30l water tank which is connected to an external shurflo pump. What I'm looking for is a one way lid so that it let's air in when the pump is working but doesn't let water out when driving around. At the moment I'm having to unscrew the lid slightly every time I use the pump so there isn't a vacuum created in the tank. I have came across vented lids but these apparently will still let the water out when driving around.

As pointed out above I missed out some key info. The tank is the one below with a 4 inch lid

Screenshot_20210718-182133_Samsung Internet.jpg

Our Reimo tank has a 1 way ball valve in the lid for this exact purpose. Works perfectly.

How about a breather tube
Something like the above with a pipe going upwards first and then exit the van through the floor
Breather tube could be an option, ideally I don't want to be drilling any more holes in the van though. Possibly inserting a thin tube in the lid that I have that extends a few cm above the tank may work. Not quite sure on the physics of it haha

Our Reimo tank has a 1 way ball valve in the lid for this exact purpose. Works perfectly.

One way ball valve would be exactly what I'm looking for! If it was the right size I would just blank the inlet that one has for the pump etc

Back