One piece roof panel?

T6DSGChris

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Debating on one piece roof panel so as to maybe fit six downlighters (had four in my prev t5) and no join that would mess up the aesthetics, the lights would be close to the join etc and look silly

Anyone done a standard one with success?
Or do I stay two piece and stay 4 lights?

pics of your Downlighter positions would be great if pos

From the experience of doing mine with two sections a one piece ceiling panel would be a real struggle to get into place.
Here's a picture of my finished job.

IMG_20200714_164259.jpg

You can buy one piece panels on ebay, for example, or make one from a 10 x 5 sheet of ply.
They're cumbersome to fit but far from difficult with a second pair of hands.

View attachment 79398
Here is mine done as a 1 piece. Not t that difficult to get in.
that looks well... see one has to ask oneself...if im using all the original clips..etc...do i stop being a tart and just nail in what i have... on a time limit etc...could do this lot later when i need to find stuff to faff with... do like the clean look though! did you measure equal for the lights in the roof or have to move slightly due to the roof beams etc? ta for pic

From the experience of doing mine with two sections a one piece ceiling panel would be a real struggle to get into place.
Here's a picture of my finished job.

View attachment 79397
think i will end up going this route...even if just for now... did you do side panels in the lighter grey or just the roof...im anthracite all down the sides and caravelle door/boot trims... but do like this up top has to be said. ta for pic
ps 3 lights up far front?

that looks well... see one has to ask oneself...if im using all the original clips..etc...do i stop being a tart and just nail in what i have... on a time limit etc...could do this lot later when i need to find stuff to faff with... do like the clean look though! did you measure equal for the lights in the roof or have to move slightly due to the roof beams etc? ta for pic
I decided where I wanted the lights then checked that the beams were not in the way, no need to move.

My ply is held on by screws that go into plastic bits that are pushed into the OEM clip holes around the edge.

Ps I fitted it on my own, it’s not that hard. I suppose another set of hands would have made it easier.

think i will end up going this route...even if just for now... did you do side panels in the lighter grey or just the roof...im anthracite all down the sides and caravelle door/boot trims... but do like this up top has to be said. ta for pic
ps 3 lights up far front?

Silver roof & Graphite walls, door cards.
Yes three lights, one above each rear seat.

I made one from the advice of these guys.
I routed my one with grooves.
Then sikaflex the main panel up. With fixings around the edge. And screws my outer frame in after. So I can still use as access to cables etc
07AE5226-8F53-4EF1-915E-53E7791B971C.jpeg
FCFA70EA-405E-44AD-A78C-B38B0BA7BD2E.jpeg

B4118BB6-A460-437E-9029-2F7DE706C112.jpeg

Back