Older V-Dubs

Sunroof repair looks tidy.
You seen the GTi being restored by Dan Chambers on YouTube ?

it turned out OK, the old owner had obtained a complete roof chop from another vehicle and was intending to pay someone to do it, it would have been a major project, so i can only assume after he got the quote he decided to cut his losses and sell it as it was.

Before i went down that path i wanted to hack it back and see how bad the existing roof was...there was that main hole on the side and a few pin holes along the front that i cut out and offered in some new steel but on the whole it wasn't too bad and a damn sight less work than a complete roof swap!

Been following Dan since the T5, following the Mk1 project with interest! :cool:

My mk1 caddy, waiting on warmer weather to get going with all the prep ready for my mate to give her a re spray.20210207_104249.jpg20210207_104239.jpg

Just got myself a Bug - a ‘68 model registered in late ‘67. Always wanted one and now I’ve got one alongside the T6 :thumbsup:
Starts, stops and goes but a selection of repairs required. A rolling project that’s tax and mot exempt and older than me!

View attachment 102105

If you want to follow the project, please consider subscribing to my channel on YouTube.

you going for patina look, dont look too deep gets scary

Stripped all interior out again to gain access to the so called heating, insulated all flexis and sealed holes. Sound deadened and refitted everything. Changed one of the engine pulleys so fan will spin up faster too, should see where Im going now at least. Was ice on inside of screen yesterday I used to drive in all weathers when in my teens. ❄

20190601_170806.jpg

20190629_155131.jpg

Those aren't old..........

This is OLD.......

full

Born November 27th 1946 - not me the car!

It's two years older than me.

Last edited:
I've been waiting to see if you would put this up :D
It's a lot prettier from the rear and looks even better in the flesh
Thanks. How are things in Wem?

I've been in Whitchurch today but unfortunately not seen much of our beautiful sunny Shropshire day.

Thanks. How are things in Wem?

I've been in Whitchurch today but unfortunately not seen much of our beautiful sunny Shropshire day.
Same old same old, hope your keeping well

Just waiting to go some where / anywhere in the van!

Same old same old, hope your keeping well

Just waiting to go some where / anywhere in the van!
Yes thanks we are good, I'm still daft enough to be working occasionally but would rather be planning a month or two in France! We should have been going to Hessisch Oldendorf in Germany with the '46 (and the T6) this summer but the show is postponed to June 2022. The '46 is number 444 on the participants list.

I recon the best we will manage is Scotland sometime this summer when it's warmer, not that there is anything wrong with Scotland.

Rod

Back