Oil Warning Light following service…

TheSpiv

Hi all,

I’ve a 4 year old 204 Kombi Highline, with 50k on the clock, recently serviced by VW and the oil warning light appeared. Less than 1500 miles since the service. Seem to recall this happened after the last service as well. Is this normal?

Thanks.

No, I`ve never experienced this on any vehicle I`ve serviced/had serviced. You know how things are these days with sensors etc.

When mine had its first service the oil hardly showed on the dipstick. They did however kindly spill it all over the engine and left a puddle on the undertray. After complaining they sent me some oil to top it up myself but made no apologies for covering the engine in oil. Needless to say I’ve not been back for anything else.

When mine had its first service the oil hardly showed on the dipstick. They did however kindly spill it all over the engine and left a puddle on the undertray. After complaining they sent me some oil to top it up myself but made no apologies for covering the engine in oil. Needless to say I’ve not been back for anything else.
Shocking! I`d have been livid!

There's something not quite right about my local dealership, certain amount of arrogance whenever I see them about a warranty issue. Even their sales team don't give a monkey's still waiting on a sales call back from way back, I guess they know they're own an easy sell at the moment.

There's something not quite right about my local dealership, certain amount of arrogance whenever I see them about a warranty issue. Even their sales team don't give a monkey's still waiting on a sales call back from way back, I guess they know they're own an easy sell at the moment.
Your local dealership isn’t special, it’s normal.

Back