OIL pressure light flashing continuously when driving.

tommy721_

Hello, my ‘ oil pressure ‘ light is flashing continuously after my T6. 2016 105. Hits 2k revs. The pressure has been checked and is fine. The local garage have replaced a new oil pump, 2 oil filter changes, unblocked oil pick up pipe, 2 x pressure sensors, wire checked. The VW garage are also unsure what the issue is after paying £180 for a diagnostic. Unsure what to check next? Any advice would be amazing please.

Is your rpm needle stable? Not sure if it works the same way in T6 but I’ve been bitten with oil pressure warnings in earlier Transporters when rpm signal was not ok. Can’t have oil pressure if there’s no revs…

Has someone read the error codes ?
If so, what are they ?

Pete

Oil pressure should defo have codes stored.

The garage should be able to read sensor data to see what's being reported to the ECM..... Ie what the oil pressure is at a given rev/load range.

How / where did the garage varify the oil pressure?

Have you got access to VCDS to get some data to work with.?

Can you get a video clip of what happens?

Oil pressure should defo have codes stored.

The garage should be able to read sensor data to see what's being reported to the ECM..... Ie what the oil pressure is at a given rev/load range.

How / where did the garage varify the oil pressure?

Have you got access to VCDS to get some data to work with.?

Can you get a video clip of what happens?
Thanks for your comment. Just trying to receive codes now. VW garage are unsure. They think potentially a wiring issue but they change some wiring and no change. Posted a video below. Thanks again :)

What grade oil are you using? I was recommended to use 5w40 by an oil company because its getting upto 100k. Was fine but started to get the oil light after a few months. Changed and checked all the obvious things but no change and no codes. Took it to my go to mechanic and he told me to go back to 5w30 as vw engines are funny. Anyway gone back to 5w30 and all is well again.

Back