Oil leak from shock?

DWS

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello all!

It seems my T6 has today decided it would like to make its Mark on my block paved drive. Looks like the shock has shat itself and it’s crying for a replacement SoLow coil over set up instead!

Anyone know how drastic this can get as in how urgent it needs dealing with, I do usually do 3-500 miles a week mostly on country roads.

Needs replacing, soon. If it was a quality shock absorber such as Koni it could be rebuilt. Most OEM are cheap throw away jobs, that have limited lifetime. They are barely up to the job in any case. If you are driving on country roads a lot, as you say, then the life time expectancy is going to be even further reduced. It is a safety issue! The seals are damaged, each stroke will allow more oil to escape and more dirt and grit in exacerbating the problem. The damping will become less and less potentially leading to an accident.

You need to replace shocks in axle pairs. Consider a quality shock such as Koni. They will do the job much better, last longer, can be adjustable for either performance or age related ware and be rebuilt. In the end, they will end up very much cheaper in the long run!

Reactions: DWS
Back