OEM LED headlights question: wattage & lumens..

scotia

Mechanical engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi there,
can anyone tell me the lumen output and or wattage of the oem led headlights?

I've found legislation in switzerland that will let me fit them without the washers if the watts are below 25W and lumens less than 2000.. but can anyone confirm?

@Dellmassive @Pauly @Robert ? anyone else? cheers guys :)

if not, is it really another bumper with cutouts or can i follow the shape printed on the inside of the bumper (i hope, i havent seen mine) and bob is my mothers brother? Or will i not be able to fit the washers (lack of supports etc??)

not sure . . . . ?

might need to do a bit of google research . . .

in that case email VWCV directly, they must have the info somewhere?

I have done but no response.. :-( hence trying here the Bible of info!

oh, thats not good. =/

time to get the LUX meter out then?

wattage of the oem led headlights?
Measured values (through van's own energy management - module 61) for T6:

Current draw of dipped beams 4.6 Amps, at 12.3 Volts, so approx. 28 Watts each.
High beams add 3.3 Amps (for 2 lamps).

My impression/wish is that exceeding the lumens is the reason why I've got the washers - unfortunately can't find source to confirm that.

Ah ok great.. so the 2nd part of the question comes into play.. what are the chances of success cutting the bumpers for the jets? The fixation for the jets mist be elsewhere - is this common to all T6's? Anyone an idea?

i stand corrected, they fit to the bumper.. i'd need this part and its other side: 7E0807941A here and i guess some good glue..

Last edited:
My guess would be that they are more than 2000 lumens. The Amarok has 25W bi-xenons to slip under the 2000 lumens and therefore not needing auto leveling and washers, so VW would have done the same with the van if they could.

Although we all like OEM stuff, you could always fit windscreen squirters to the bumper initially. That would only require drilling a hole. As long as you fitted them within the area to be cut out for OEM washers, if you didn't like them, you could fit the OEM ones later on.

Pair of Universal Car Vehicle Front Windscreen Washer Wiper Jet Nozzle Spray Kit | eBay

My guess would be that they are more than 2000 lumens. The Amarok has 25W bi-xenons to slip under the 2000 lumens and therefore not needing auto leveling and washers, so VW would have done the same with the van if they could.

Although we all like OEM stuff, you could always fit windscreen squirters to the bumper initially. That would only require drilling a hole. As long as you fitted them within the area to be cut out for OEM washers, if you didn't like them, you could fit the OEM ones later on.

Pair of Universal Car Vehicle Front Windscreen Washer Wiper Jet Nozzle Spray Kit | eBay
interesting idea. i like it, but i think if i do this i'll have one shot to remove the bumper and do all the works.. i dont have a garage so im trying to see if i can park it somewhere near to me to be able to do this..

anyone have any good prices on the lights?! :) im in switzerland so i believe there are LHD versions is this right?

These 7E0807941A here seem to have an adhesive tape on them so im thinking it should be relatively easy.. just need to make the cut good. lucky im ok with a dremel.. the paint would need to be carefully sprayed too..

if i understand this correctly i see less than 2000 lumens... @mmi @Robert @Pauly @Dellmassive if this is right i may have found my golden ticket around the swiss authorities! i'd fit the levelling but not the washers..

PDF from Valeo homologation dept..

Attachments

• R123 01 11823 RHT- T6.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 26
Hi there,
can anyone tell me the lumen output and or wattage of the oem led headlights?

I've found legislation in switzerland that will let me fit them without the washers if the watts are below 25W and lumens less than 2000.. but can anyone confirm?

@Dellmassive @Pauly @Robert ? anyone else? cheers guys :)

if not, is it really another bumper with cutouts or can i follow the shape printed on the inside of the bumper (i hope, i havent seen mine) and bob is my mothers brother? Or will i not be able to fit the washers (lack of supports etc??)
Do the same rules apply to the ones fitted when new? Do (or did) VW allow you to specify them from new? This could be a good clue. :thumbsup:

I thought that most LED Head-Lamps were about 35w?

Xenon / HID / Gas discharge (whatever you like to call them) generally are 35W, with the exception of a few 25W versions used to avoid the need for leveling and washers. Most of what I have read about LEDs is that they draw much power than them.

Back