Oak worktop size and supply

OllieGBR

VCDS user
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone opted for oak worktops in their conversion?
I'm looking at 22mm from worktop express. £100 for the 2m length.

I'd like an underslung sink and believe this is really the only option outside of standard laminated worktop.

As always - interested in your thoughts.

Cheers
Ollie..

This converter uses solid wood and produces some high quality furniture. Maybe you could get some ideas here?

I used to have an oak countertop, for a short period of time it's not a bad option.
But this type of material has its disadvantages - it requires regular waterproofing, sealing the pores. You need to constantly spend money on regular and expensive care. The material deteriorates from water, you constantly had to make sure that there was no prolonged contact with water. Also, the countertop scratched easily with a knife, and crumpled from hitting with hard objects. I replaced it with another one, here Quartz Kitchen Worktops Leeds bought a countertop of a different material. I don't have the problems I had with the previous one, as it's already made of stone.

I can’t disagree with any of what you’ve said, however I’ve had wooden worktops in my kitchen for over 10 years and they are fine - abused every day. I only treat them with an antibacterial worktop sealer once per year.

This converter uses solid wood and produces some high quality furniture. Maybe you could get some ideas here?

I agree with that. Rolling Homes were the only converters I could find that were willing and able to make me a practical shower and tray under a SWB pop top. It can be used with the tailgate down so can be used all year round. They use corian for their worktops which come as stone or wood finish. Sorry this is the best photo I can find in a hurry.

Screenshot 2021-09-27 at 11.46.23.png

Reactions: CAB
Back