Nut Sizes??

SupesT6

VIP Member
Hi,

I've recently sold my 17" Devonports and with that all the OEM nuts and locking nuts. I'm now running 20" wheels with the required new nuts, however I forgot that I still have my spare should I need it.

Anybody know what size nuts I require for the spare or whatever the original size would have been for my 17"s?

Thanks

Matt

I think Standard nuts are M14 x 1.5 x 34 with the loose collar. But I need to confirm that

Quoting my own post from another thread
You need to look at the shape of the seating surface for the bolts on the wheels you have and the wheels you are getting.
I changed from alloys to steels last month and the alloys needed conical seat bolts while the steels had radius (rounded) seat bolts.
You also need to consider the thickness of the centre part of the wheel, alloy's generally have thicker castings so the bolts need to be longer to allow the bolt threads to get enough distance to go through the brake disc thickness and into the threaded part of the hub on the van.
Changing from alloys to steels, even if the shape of the seat is the same, if you use the bolts off the alloys, you may find that they are so long they come out of the back of the hub and catch something behind them (or fail to get all the way through the hub because the threads stop short of the back face and never tighten the wheel to the disc face)
44017-06d1557de887de08ccb646834ea1d567.jpg

These fit my Amarok Steels nicely, will be fine for the stock steel spare wheel as well
20 X VW T5 TRANSPORTER CARAVELLE RUST RESISTANT REPLACEMENT WHEEL BOLTS 37mm | eBay
They also sell 28mm bolts of the same design, but I believe the 28mm versions are for use on thick wheel spacers where the spacer is bolted to the original hub and then the wheel is bolted to the spacer, they would be too short to bolt a wheel direct to the hub because of the thickness of the brake discs.

Last edited:
Back