Number Plate Removal.

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
Hi,
I'm changing to my private plate but looking at my van on closer inspection the number plate is set into a dealer housing thingy.
Now I'm assuming the plate is just stuck into the housing and the housing is fixed to the van via screws.
I'm planning on just prising the number plate off the housing and then sticking the new ones back into the housing.
Before I go at it like a bull in a china shop, has anyone had any experience of this and can you confirm my thoughts or direct me accordingly?

PS. It's the same front and rear.

Many thanks.

fullsizeoutput_1e7e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_1e82.jpeg

Last edited:
Mine was the same too.
Grab the edge and go full on China shop. :devil:

Ps.

If the rozzers come a knocking claiming you haven't paid for fuel all over the UK, soz mate.

Mine was the same too.
Grab the edge and go full on China shop. :devil:

Ps.

If the rozzers come a knocking claiming you haven't paid for fuel all over the UK, soz mate.

LOL, good try but yours is missing a berry.;)

Thanks everyone.
Full china shop with a crow bar at the weekend.:thumbsup:

I'd have to drill the plates and I'm lazy.
Just double sided tape them on. You get special tape for plates that’s really sticky. Alternatively use Velcro just make sure it’s got decent 3M adhesive pads. No need to drill the plates and certainly no need to give a garage free advertisement.

As a side note when I removed my rear plate to put my private on the T6 I discovered that they had simply screwed it straight into the metal of the door!! I’ve not sorted that yet but I’ve red oxide painted it in the interim and double sided my plate over it. That was 2 years ago and had forgot about it until I read this thread

Just double sided tape them on. You get special tape for plates that’s really sticky. Alternatively use Velcro just make sure it’s got decent 3M adhesive pads. No need to drill the plates and certainly no need to give a garage free advertisement
Well to be fair I found dealing with the garage to be ok. I live miles away and only went there as they had the van I wanted. 204 Blackberry with Comfort dash but I've no objection to giving them free advertising.
I did think of getting a set made with my company website on but I drive like a maniac so we would keep getting emails complaining. Thats why I use hire vans and not a company sign written van.
I might get a set made up with @Tourershine business on.:devil:

I once thought about getting and 0898 number and putting it on the back with how's my driving above. I'd make a bloody fortune.

Carbon 3D gel plates are what I’m looking at currently. Might not be to everyone’s taste but I only just discovered them recently and looking to get a set. Nice clean look to them

Back