Norway '24.

Ps, if anyone fancies a trip out to Iceland in mid June 25’ get in touch, as that’s next on our list, gives plenty of time to save up for the ferry crossing! Hoping to explore the interior, not just the ring road, so about 4 weeks again, sod work!
Sounds very interesting....could possibly be interested, although the Mrs RT doesnt particularly like boats! Leave her behind I suppose but then who's going to do the dishes?:uh run:

@Ricardo T we did Norway in summer ‘22 for 5 weeks. Tunnel etc same as you plan.
We did the ferry from Puttgarden to Rodby then straight up and Helsingor to Helsingborg.
You can book it as a combined ticket for about €90. It’s really easy and saves time and fuel.
Helsingborg is lovely and we spent a day there on the return journey staying at the motorhome sire which is on the harbour.
As you’ve got your toll tag and ferry sorted, have you linked the two together? And have you prepaid your ferry account? If you prepay then you save 50% on all ferries. However, it’s not as amazing as it seems as some of the west coast ferries are free and the others are heavily subsidised. Many are just a few quid.
However, if you plan on doing the Bodo to Moskenes route to Lofoten then it saves you about £45 each way.
We did the ferry Bognes to Lodingen to get to Lofoten. It’s quick and easy and drops you into Lofoten high enough up so you can then drive down southwards and not miss anything.
Don’t allocate much time to staying in Bodo. Apart from loads of white tailed eagles it’s a whole load of not much.
If you can get to Tromso then do so. We stayed two nights and loved the place.
Thank you so much @Bigsidavies...ill DM a reply over the next day or two..cheers mate.:thumbsup:

I spent a lot of my working life in Norway, take good clothes, mozzy repellant, your full booze allowance and as much food as you can stash in your van.
While you get robbed for food and drink you can leave your car unlocked with your wallet on the dashboard - super honest.

I spent a lot of my working life in Norway, take good clothes, mozzy repellant, your full booze allowance and as much food as you can stash in your van.
While you get robbed for food and drink you can leave your car unlocked with your wallet on the dashboard - super honest.

We thought that too, everything is super expensive to buy out there but the crime rate appears very low. We were walking somewhere once near the edge of a town/industrial estate and there was a yard with dozens of new, presumably imported Ifor Williams trailers, the yard had several entrances and not a fence or a gate anywhere so anybody could just drive in at night, hitch up and away but I guess they don't unlike here where they wouldn't make it through the first night!

The day has come...last minute packing going on and staying at the The Drum near Ashford tonight in prep for the short journey in the morning for LeShuttle departure at 7.20 in the morning.
All nooks and crevices have been filled with anything we think we may need!

IMG_0023.png

.IMG_0941.jpeg

These Yeti packing cubes are excellent, if a bit spenny!!

IMG_0948.jpeg

And a few items vac packed...

IMG_0929.jpeg

Last edited:
Update: Almost there, should get somewhere near to Narvik and The Lofoten islands tomorrow after a great drive through Sweden which is a lovely place by all accounts. Certainly getting colder now, after some balmy weather in Germany ( 28deg)…today has been 14 deg in Sweden and will drop to around 1 deg tonight…. may have to start the heater up god damn it !
Amazing road trip so far and the sun has been shining all the way.
I,m a complete novice at Insta but have posted a bit more info @trentinos_travels if you fancy a look.

IMG_0977.jpeg

IMG_1005.jpeg

IMG_1042.jpeg

IMG_1064.jpeg

IMG_1046.jpeg

Arrived in Bjerkvik (near Lofoten Islands) last night after a great journey through northern Sweden and across the artic circle (disappointing no Maccies drive through :slow rofl:) Colder it certainly is, still lots of snow about and all the vast lakes are still frozen, but a few degrees above freezing by the coast. Scenery as you can see is stunning and we’ve about 20 hours of daylight each day to enjoy it !!!

95e315c2-6232-4117-bf83-d3d5bbd1c872.jpegIMG_1112.jpegIMG_1118.jpegIMG_1107.jpeg

Lofoten islands are absolutely stunning in every way, if you are going to Norway try to get there. It’s a series of islands that are connected by bridges with the main E10 running the length and finishes at a small fishing village called A. There are numerous tunnels along this route with some several K’s long. The drive alone is awesome.
Fuel here is the cheapest yet at around £1.35 ltr .
We are staying at Lofoten Beach Camp next to the E10 which is right on the beach with a mountainous backdrop.

Excellent set up with excellent facilities for a touch under £25 per night. Showers work out at £1.46 (2 nok) for 6 minutes and they are HOT! ( can be turned down. Excellent 5g signal all around so far.

) 9E7B6CA2-3F58-4981-8884-F7119D73A08C.jpeg

9416E64F-59C9-4E91-B947-1C8D118D0243.jpeg

!IMG_1226.jpeg

Will be doing a trip to Norway in July/August, 3 or 4 weeks.
Still haven't figured out how those tollpasses work...
This Bizz is for free, and gives a reduction on ferries?
Was planning to book Puttgarden in the next few days.
If you take the Oresund, you still have to pay 359dkk per year?

Lots of confusing information online...

Lots of confusing information online...
The 359DKK is for the price of the Øresund Go contract which reduces the crossing to 175DKK per crossing so a return crossing would cost a total of 709DKK. If you just paid for a return crossing with your bizz( tag) the total would be 910DKK. In the terms and conditions there is a clause where you can cancel the contract within the first six months but there is a charge.

6.4 Upon termination within the first 6 months from the establishment of the agreement, the Øresundsbro Konsortiet charges a fee of DKK 145/ SEK 175. The fee can be changed in accordance with section 1.6.

@Ricardo T did you take much alcohol into Norway and was there any checks going into the country.
Hi @Alied….we tried to find the limits on alcohol on the web but found it rather confusing so played it safe and only took a very limited quantity which we had room for and fully expecting to be checked on the northern Lapland border from Sweden to Norway but the place looked deserted at 8pm in the evening…. all the barriers were open ….just to drive at 15kph through the ‘check’ area.No one came out to stop us… we even stopped for some pics but saw no one. Happy days lol.

Lots of confusing infomation.
@ALFIrE…we have an Øresund Bizz ‘pay contract’ which shows no annual fee, so I’m hoping it’s like a pay as you go contract. It is all very confusing though.

@Ricardo T Looks like an absolutely awesome trip and definitely something to go on the bucket list! Sorry to hijack the thread but how was your stay at The Drum before getting LeShuttle? I'm surprising my son after his GCSEs are finished by taking him to see the Belgian Grand Prix at Spa (his favourite circuit) and was thinking of staying there the night before our trip across rather than set off at 2am to drive down from Lancashire on the day.

IMG_0968.jpegHi @ksm1701 … The Drum was very good tbh, VERY convenient for the Shuttle… although the Pub and facilities could do with a bit of money spent on them they were perfectly acceptable. The bar maid was rushed off her feet as is was quite busy even for a Wednesday night bu t the food was superb when it arrived.. would definitely use again. IMG_0972.jpegIMG_0970.jpeg
IMG_0969.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG_1404.jpegIMG_1412.jpegStocked
up on a few essentials today and got all this for just under £20 so not as bad as I expected! :p Other prices for reference and other brands are available! ;)

IMG_1540.jpeg

Back