Non sat nav media compatible for a reversing camera?

Matrob93

Having seen how much it is to change the head unit from a non sat nav media I’m now edging towards buying a standard sat nav and looking into the possibility of fitting a reversing camera.
Does anyone know of the non sat nav media in a vw 2019 transporter is compatible for a reversing camera.

thanks

Thanks @Absolut5 has provide me a cost for the replacement head unit but a little out of my price range given we are looking to convert within the next month or so couldn’t justify circa £1k just to enable to sat nav and a reversing camera

I just use a separate Garmin satnav which connects using WiFi to a Garmin BC30 camera powered from the reversing light + feed.

@DXX dont suppose you have the name of the product or any links
I have a Garmin Drive Smart 61 and a BC30 WiFi camera.
It doesn’t look like the 61 model is still be marketed but there are equivalents
and here are the ‘back up’ cameras as they market them
It’s all good quality, the satnav maps are very good, I’ve travelled extensively over Europe and no issues.

Do you connect your sat nav to your phone for the wi-fi
No it has it’s own wifi. Have a read of the specifications on the Garmin site I posted.
Also connects to Garmin watches or other Garmin devices.
It is possible to have more than one camera, but only display one at a time.
Another advantage over a head unit is you can quickly use it in another vehicle as I did today (satnav not camera)

Thanks @DXX very helpful and looks a good piece of kit and more sensible price.
I mounted my satnav in the otherwise useless top tray and made a hinged cover. The standard ball mount for the satnav requires some fettling and strengthening to get the clearance to allow the display to fold down.
It pops out easy enough by levering gently up at the centre.
I needed a place to hide my Garmin satnav / reversing camera monitor so I made a hinged cover. By chance it also keeps the sun off the Garmin screen so it’s always visible.

View attachment 45852 View attachment 45853

I just use a separate Garmin satnav which connects using WiFi to a Garmin BC30 camera powered from the reversing light + feed.
Hi, I see you added BC30 camera to your Transporter.
I am waiting to install my BC30 wireless camera and Sat Nav which I had installed in my previous vehicle. I must admit that after seeing all the issues on this forum about adding items to the wiring system in the T6 I am a little concerned. (I have a 2016 with tailgate model). I have done a lot of 12 volt vehicle wiring over the years but never to a vehicle using a CAN Bus system. As you know the BC30 only needs a connection to the reversing light positive and earth. Did you have any problems when making the connections and can you offer any advice as to how you went about it? I found one of your other posts where you talk about adding a reversing bar and a BC30. I downloaded the untitled photos but I must admit I could not really understand what was what as I have only had my VW for a week and so far have not had a look behind the light clusters. Any help is appreciated.

Back