Noise/vibration help me

dandan88

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Guys I’ve got a question- might sound thick but I’m going for it

If there was a fault or issue with my suspension would it cause a vibration/tapping/knocking noise from about 25mph and over- on a smooth road with no bumps? I’ve got a noise that’s just started, it’s quite loud and starts from a very low speed even coasting so I know it’s def not the gearbox!
Almost thought the tryes were flat so I pulled over to take a look and fine- even thought shit the wheel or something is loose that kind of nose or feeling?
New ish kw suspension fitted by @CRS Performance
I don’t think suspension would do this if it wasn’t being worked as such but I’m clueless.

Anyone have any advice or thoughts maybe a bearing or something of that nature

Cheers

Firstly check the wheel bolts are tight. It’s unlikely but worth making sure . It could be road debris lodged in a caliper ,,
does the noise change when turning the steering side to side As you drive . Check the tyres don’t have anything stuck in them nails screws etc .

It doesn’t change at all when moving the steering wheel, I even coasted along a very smooth road and it’s constantly there and it pretty loud, I think it sounds like it’s coming from the rear if I’m honest as you can’t feel it through the dashboard or the steering wheel

It doesn’t change at all when moving the steering wheel, I even coasted along a very smooth road and it’s constantly there and it pretty loud, I think it sounds like it’s coming from the rear if I’m honest as you can’t feel it through the dashboard or the steering wheel
If its the rear , is it like a squeak noise that is related to the up and down movement of the suspension.. this can be the rear spring mounts , they wear out very often , clear to see if you remove them they have holes in the rubber

Have the brake pads left deposits on the disks ?
Try some heavy braking several times.

Pete

Hopefully it’s repairable. That looks like a very recent tyre.

Pete

Back