No power after 120km/h for 10/15 seconds.

FCV2005

Hello everyone, im a t6 owner and new on this forum!
2.0 TDI 2016 DSG, Im loosing power after 120km/h for 10/15 seconds, after 10/15 seconds works normal but dont want to change gear 7, sometimes works perfect and sometimes no.
What I've checked:
  1. Both Turbo
  2. Boost Sensor, one near EGR pipe.
  3. Made DPF off with soft. (test), nothing changes.
  4. Changed Timing belt.
  5. Changed DSG oil and filter.
  6. EGR off (test) , nothing changes.
  7. Tested all vacuum pipes.
  8. Checked Intercooler Pipes.
  9. Removed Air Filter(test). nothing happens.
  10. Cleaned MAF sensor (bought a new one because someone told me that cannot be cleaned, still wait to arrive)
any suggestions ?

Just for a laugh, the first thing that came to mind was a speed limiter. Not sure why it would only last 15 seconds though...
Does the power just plateau or does it start slowing down?

Have you used a code reader to see if the vehicle is reporting any error codes ?

Pete

Just plateau, but after everything is fine for few seconds and again limp.
No error codes, no speed limiter.
used VCDS, Launch, TEXA .

Last edited:
Just for a laugh, the first thing that came to mind was a speed limiter. Not sure why it would only last 15 seconds though...
Does the power just plateau or does it start slowing down?
That's exactly what I was thinking of.
@FCV2005 , please tell us a bit about your vans history? It really does sound like a speed limiter. You may need to use VCDS to check if the inbuilt (software) limiter has been activated.

@Scottish Scrutineer There ia no speed limiter, yesterday when engine were cold i got 160km, after engine were hot limp to 120, today im gonna change both turbines with new ones, someone told me about an temperature sensor(where is located that one cuz make sense) , but i made dpf off for test and nothing changes. 0 errors on vcds, texa, launch.

Back