Newbie T6 hunting.

gixermark

Hi guys,

Thought of a transporter (camper) on/off for a while….

Previously had a full sized camper for 10++ years… so am well used to the ‘camper specific’ stuff… we sold our last camper last year… and plan on different holidays with the kids for the next while.

Thought of a transporter now would be my ‘daily’ albeit I don’t commute… (wfh) and would be to make my leisure activities easier… hike/mountainbike…. And tow boat and race car trailer… plus give the ability to kip in…. At a race track (potentially for family extremely occasionally) or myself/mate…

Given daily… and towing…. Pretty set on 150hp+ and DSG.

Ideally tbinking £40k budget should get what I want (also want heated seats, and quality seats/conversion)

This is arguably as good as I’ve come across…. And very intersted…. Anyone got comments on what specifics to look for on this? Or concerns?

Mark.

Reactions: CAB
It's got a Hilo roof, which IMO is an excellent stealth pop-top, but it's a difficult & time-consuming roof to fit and some installers either weren't up to the job or tried to save time by cutting corners during the instal. If you search the forum for 'hilo', you'll get a flavour of what I'm referring to.

I'd suggest you try to determine who installed the roof and then come back to the forum to seek advice on whether they are one of the installers that could be trusted with such an install.

For full disclosure, I have a Hilo roof and I love it - installed by one of the best installers, VisionTech in Colchester.

Great feedback!!

The roof was installed by Birch Brothers in Clevedon…….. whether that’s good or bad!!

Mark

Great feedback!!

The roof was installed by Birch Brothers in Clevedon…….. whether that’s good or bad!!

Mark

Birch Brothers - that's Simply Surf Bus I believe(?)

I've no experience of them, but a quick search suggests @True Romance, @Insert Coin or @sparkywig might be able to comment.
Yes mine fitted by simply surf bus. Had no real issues and certainly no leaks. Have had to replace the gas struts and simply surf bus supplied the matching replacements direct from visiontech (who incedently didn't even reply to my email or message via here but that's another story).

Simply have fitted loads of HiLo’s, I wouldn’t worry too much about their ability to fit one correctly.

That’s a nice spec van, biggest issue for me would be the lack of led headlights, but otherwise looks good.

Reactions: Bav
Back