Newbie help and advice plz

Ticeysoft

VIP Member
HI all,

Be gentle this is my first Post ;)

I have recently purchased a T6 2018 Trendline in black, I was so excited as i have been looking at vans since last December. I was due to purchase in march 2020 and then covid hit, so I decided to leave it a bit thinking no point during lockdown and then the van prices went up, shortage of vans etc etc etc.

Any way all that aside i now have a T6 T-line and picked it up last Saturday, I was really excited but i have had a few issues already. Firstly i did not see a massive dent and scuff in the sill, which i have reported to the VW dealer and hope that will get sorted but the other one was the Central locking bouncing up and down when starting to drive off or lowing down. It will even do it if im stationary and try to lock the van from the inside it just wont lock, but works fine with locking from the outside with the fob.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

The other thing i was looking to do was get an Austops poptop from "Rising Sun Campers" but having read some of the feedback from you guys im really thinking elsewhere. I was originally going to get it done at Spektrum campers as there facebook page seems like they fit alot of them but due to availability i was ringing around.

Has anyone got a recommendation for fitting an Austop please around the west midlands? or Worcester way?

thanks in advance

rising sun campers near Coventry fit them was really pleased with the one they fitted to mine

Thanks for the reply.. i think the beat thing is for me to head over at some point and go and have a look at there setup and work

Sorry didnt read your post right the first time somehow totally missed the bit about rising sun :rolleyes::rolleyes:.I must admit I was in 2 minds after reading some of the reviews but they turned out to be a nice bunch of lads and so far cant find any faults with the roof they fitted.The wiring for the lights was a bit over the top but not a problem.(the austops comes with 4 led downlighters or just tell them not to bother if u dont want them ).

but the other one was the Central locking bouncing up and down when starting to drive off or lowing down. It will even do it if im stationary and try to lock the van from the inside it just wont lock, but works fine with locking from the outside with the fob.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?
You could try disconnecting the starter battery for a few minutes - just to reset the van's "central computer".

Detailed instructions --->

Having battery disconnected the windows need to reset (to enable one click comfort closing). Also time and trip computer's readings are reset --->
Press and hold window down and hold when down for few seconds...

Then pull and hold up till top and keep holding for few seconds....

Repair twice... that should reset the windows...

Thanks for the advice and the details ill given it a bash.. failing that im going to book it in at the dealer for a few other things that i have noticed are wrong..

Re: central locking, I enabled ‘ auto lock at 15kmh’ with VCDS. All was good until Friday when it started doing that when the van speed dropped to 9mph.... done my head in so I’ve turned it back off. Only fault was 2 doors had a slow response to the controller but cleared those and will check again soon. May be worth getting a scan.

I got my Austops fitted by DC campers Runcorn. They did an excellent job, even sorted the lights out and fitted VW logo in the roof FOC.

Back