New Van options review

Well, with electric memory seats, there is more than one memory and according to one post one here, it appears that they can be mounted on a swivel. The latter, is something that I was wanting to ask on here but managed to find it hiding somewhere here in the dark.:thumbsup:
Yes I fitted memory electric seats in my T5, and even better I moved the controls so they were easily accessible from the back. The added bulk did cause problems swivelling the drivers seat though so I very rarely did it. They were A8 seats though, smaller ones may work ok. No armrests though so got rid when I bought the T6

What date they quoting you ?, see you've gone for the single passenger seat, Never see any used 6.1s with that option..
Autoebid mentioned 20 weeks which seems a bit mad but maybe... the dealer hasn't given a date yet.

Yes I fitted memory electric seats in my T5, and even better I moved the controls so they were easily accessible from the back. The added bulk did cause problems swivelling the drivers seat though so I very rarely did it. They were A8 seats though, smaller ones may work ok. No armrests though so got rid when I bought the T6

I have a Caravel Executive, with memory seats. It may be handy for us at least, if even, only the passenger the passenger could be put onto a swivel. That would give greater options for future plans. We do not use the arm rests very often and then only when parked up. When driving, I like to have the full rage of movement open for my arms, just in case the unexpected happens. In any case I can not see how anyone can have full control of the vehicle with restricted movement. We never rest our arms on the window ledge for exactly the same reason. If the the vehicle had come without them, it would have been no great loss.

Hi ...see your plan has a cooker ...lots of members don’t always cook in the van ( bad after smells ) but you could use the space for a fridge for more beer ...Cook outside and enjoy cool beer ;)
space in a van is premium you it wisely

A Wallis diesel cooker is on our to do list. No condensation from the cooker or CO to worry about all exhaust is vented through the chimney. We have had a Wallis from the 1990,s absolutely brilliant. Except ours ran on paraffin/kerosene Very little fuel or power usage except on start up. When cooking is finished, the lid pulled down and instantly a fan in the lid switches on and blows lovely warm air about the vehicle. Easily enough heat for the worst winter.

It does not do anything for the cooking smell however. I suppose one could fit an AGA, they not only vent combustion fumes through the chimney they also vent any cooking smells in the oven even when burned to a frazzle. No need to rush back from the pub. That is if any will be still left. It may not do very mush for the handling though, they are exceptional heavy.:cool::D

Last edited:
In case it helps anyone in the future, Tailgate/trunk lid release from inside (electrically) seems to get added automatically by the VW configurator even without one of the power latching tailgate options so the spec as ordered is:
  • Volkswagen Transporter T30SWB 2.0TDI 150 DPFR StopStart EU6 Highline Van DSG A7 
  • Paint - Solid - Pure Grey
  • Upholstery - Bricks Cloth - Titanium Black - Black
  • Armrest - Drivers and Passenger
  • LED Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights and LED Tail Lights
  • Tailgate without window aperture
  • Basic Single Passenger Seat
  • Carpet Floor Covering in Cab
  • Swivel Seat Driver - Not Height-Adjustable
  • Swivel Seat Passenger - Not Height-Adjustable
  • Rear View Camera
  • Without bulkhead
  • Tailgate/trunk lid release from inside (electrically)
  • Manually adjustable lumbar support in front seats

Just ordered mine. I had a chat with the dealer about the swivels, and due to me being 6ft 2in, he recommended not to go for the VW swivels. As per your spec, for the VW swivels you have to go for non height adjustable seats. Apparently, with those, the driving position for taller folk isnt great. So I opted for the single seats with armrests, but getting swivels from Kiravans so I can keep the height adjustable seats.

BigDean.

Just ordered mine. I had a chat with the dealer about the swivels, and due to me being 6ft 2in, he recommended not to go for the VW swivels. As per your spec, for the VW swivels you have to go for non height adjustable seats. Apparently, with those, the driving position for taller folk isnt great. So I opted for the single seats with armrests, but getting swivels from Kiravans so I can keep the height adjustable seats.

BigDean.

That makes sense. I was thinking along the lines of avoiding one more job in the conversion and hoping the seats will be OK for an averagely tall person.

Whilst talking about "options" I have extravagantly been pretty liberal with the "options". I included an option of "Premium Multi Function Display" without really knowing what I am going to get! My van is due for delivery in December and I cant wait, but can anyone give me a heads up on what the heck this option actually does to enhance the dash?1603387266843.png

Just my 2p worth on the OEM swivels. In my van I have a OEM passenger swivel and a drivers seat with height adjustment. Im nearly 6'1 and I measured the height of my seats. Strangely the drivers seat was set to the same height as the passenger seat (within a mm or 2)

Whilst talking about "options" I have extravagantly been pretty liberal with the "options". I included an option of "Premium Multi Function Display" without really knowing what I am going to get! My van is due for delivery in December and I cant wait, but can anyone give me a heads up on what the heck this option actually does to enhance the dash?View attachment 88956

It tells you when you are sleepy I think:

The premium bit may be a colour display instead of monochrome.

Last edited:
Thanks voiletVW. That’s a bit of an error then! £260 to be irritated by tech to pull over more often! With 3 kids with bladders the the size of walnuts, it already takes an age to reach an end destination!... Bugger!

Ehh, when did you order? Looks like Oct from
Your posts?

I've ordered sept and still no word ,,, Grrrrr

Back