New van has exhaust fault

Dippo

Had a t6 12 days ago it’s only a year old but had exhaust fault come on in 3 days which roadside came out and reckoned it was the sensor on the dpf so that was fine .Friday it came back on again and is booked in Monday to my local dealer to hopefully sort
Can’t believe it on such a new van as my t5 was fine for years
How are your newish vans performing Cheers

EGR faults quite common depending on type of use. Lots of short journeys not ideal. Also fuel used - some swear by Shell v power rather than supermarket fuel.

Cheers for the reply I’ll see what comes of it when I get it down the dealers
I’ll be going back to a t4 at this rate never any problems with that

Short journeys by any chance?

Euro6 adblue dpf engines don't like them because of regens.

Again, it’s all because of the emissions bulls#it on new vans! Maybe the previous owner did short journeys and didn’t like to drive it too hard and everything’s coked up with soot (EGR, DPF)!
Try running some Shell V Power through it, or maybe a fuel additive like Millers Diesel Eco Max?
I’m of the opinion that these vans need to be driven.... don’t look at the display telling you which gear to be in, just drive it and go by the sound/feel.... but drive it and give it some (when properly warmed up)! :thumbsup:

Short journeys by any chance?

Euro6 adblue dpf engines don't like them because of regens.

Not short journeys only had the van 13 days and been up and down the motorway
it’s just annoying when you spend so much money and problems straight
away

Let's see what the garage says...

Modern engine are very complex due to emissions control.....

The yellow dpf light is normally emissions related and not major mechanicals.

Looks like I’m going to back to a t4 or t5 if this one keeps playing up
the roadside guy did say they have problems with the dpf playing up which is poor
You would of thought vw would have sorted the issue out

I'm on my 3rd van.... (my18 currently)

No dpf or emmission issues... 2008-2020

Had dmf & 4motion problems in the past.

Not had a problem with mine yet and all I do is very short journeys but I do have a very heavy right foot
I don’t check very often but the most mpg I’ve seen is 26 to the gallon but if I’d wanted economy i would have bought a 102 bhp or lower

I use the forte injector turbo and dpf cleaner at work works really well even the i tank treatments seem to work, I had a flutter on my old golf ran a treatment through couple tank fulls later and was gone

Back