New T6 - what colour should I get?

Rossi17

High Guys and Girls,

I'm about to order my new Highline and totally stuck between the 2 colours Starlight Blue and Solid Grey both with black alloys.

I think it might have to go with a flip of a coin :confused:

Thanks

I didn’t think they offered solid grey - if you mean pure grey - on Highline models?

Pure Grey is sadly not available on a Highline, but it is a stunning colour.
If it's a Highline, then it should be Starlight Blue and Indium Grey.

Starlight looks lovely in the sun all detailed up, but Indium is a very popular colour that will have a more desirable re-sale.
Then Indium is so popular it's hard to make one your own, without it looking like another one, the Blue is a little easier in that respect.

Neither are colour i'd choose personally, but out of the 2 if they are your favourite colours, i'd be flipping a coin, or digging through each Team on here to see what looks best with any future mods you might intend on carrying out. (or not)

Hi Again,

I’ve got 1 week left before I order my van, I’m changing my mind again from originally thinking Starlight blue but now i’m Liking the Acapulco Blue, which blue guys?

I have a starlight blue and it cleans up nicely. It is a bit boring as it's a dark colour and doesn't stand out that much. But that's why I chose it. Sometimes I park in a line of cars and it sort of disappears as it blends in, not stands out, and that's what I wanted.

Good luck in what ever you choose.... Have you seen Bamboo Green, which is very chic. :thumbsup:

I have a T6 in Indium grey and have just brought a Caddy highline in Pure Grey and I am loving the pure grey look! same you cannot get it on the T6 highline

Acapulco Blue for me, think it will give you more colour coding options.

As said such a shame you can't get highline in pure grey. Even if you really spec up the pure grey one you'll still have to get new bumpers etc if you don't want the commercial look (which can look good when done right).
I was buying second hand so was impossible to find the right spec pure grey van...

I then thought I wanted indium grey, which does look great but it is a very common colour (depends if that bothers you or not). Visited various dealers and there were far more of these than any other colour, I've also started to notice them on the road a lot more now.

Don't like light metallic blues so the Acapulco was out for me, but I can see the appeal for others.

I definitely wanted a dark colour so in the end settled on starlight blue, I love how the shade of it changes in varying lights, not a common colour either. Just don't put black wheels on it, I don't think they suit this particular colour (and I'm a fan of black wheels).

Hi there,

New to forums so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place...

After many years of lusting after a Transporter finally about to pull the trigger on a T6 Edittion DSG twin slider with tailgate. However I would appreciate your thoughts on colour choice (options being the Cherry Red or Indium Grey). Van will essentially be a "Day Van" for the next 4 to 5 years but thinking ahead on potential resale. In short the Red option is 12 month's old has additional heated seats and 3k lower price than the brand new Grey option (good deal on the the new one at present). I like both but wondering if the Grey would be a more attractive option later on for potential future buyers ?

Cheers

Hi there,

New to forums so sorry if this is posted in the wrong place...

After many years of lusting after a Transporter finally about to pull the trigger on a T6 Edittion DSG twin slider with tailgate. However I would appreciate your thoughts on colour choice (options being the Cherry Red or Indium Grey). Van will essentially be a "Day Van" for the next 4 to 5 years but thinking ahead on potential resale. In short the Red option is 12 month's old has additional heated seats and 3k lower price than the brand new Grey option (good deal on the the new one at present). I like both but wondering if the Grey would be a more attractive option later on for potential future buyers ?

Cheers
Welcome.
Just on numbers on here and what you see on the road Grey is the far popular choice. :thumbsup: use the search facility and search team grey / red.
Team Grey
Team Red Kombi

Indium Grey in my opinion. I was perfectly happy with my white T5 edition 25 replica until I saw a pic on Vanstyle UK of a T6 in grey that they'd tricked up. So much so I went out and ordered one and it arrives next week Unfortunately down here in Oz there's little choice of cool additions.

I have a red Edition and it get lots of positive comments from people on the colour.

TBH, I am probably a bit biased as I own it but the grey was my first choice but the red came along at the right price so I went with it.

If I was replacing it, red would now be my first choice but colour is very subjective.

Enjoy it whatever you choose.

Back