New T6 Owner,what To Do As A Start

tonyteeth

afternoon,I have just purchased my first ever transporter T28 Highline and quite excited if I am honest.
Now I am just after making the odd tweek here and there but as I am new to all this you will have to bare with me a little.
Definitely getting a rear spoiler put on
I was also looking at increasing the alloy size and width but nothing over the top,if I went with a 17 or 18 inch alloy is it just a straight forward swap from the 16 inch standard ones.
thanks in advance

Yes pretty much, you just need to make sure that what ever you pick are appropriately load tired for your T28.

Nice one mate,is there a section on here that has a table
Yes pretty much, you just need to make sure that what ever you pick are appropriately load tired for your T28.
Another question I would like to ask is why do some people change there wheel set ups during the year,daft question to some but have read a few times that a few on here does this

Nice one mate,is there a section on here that has a table

Another question I would like to ask is why do some people change there wheel set ups during the year,daft question to some but have read a few times that a few on here does this

That's because there's a choice of summer or winter tyres. You can also get year round tyres which yours probably are.

That's because there's a choice of summer or winter tyres. You can also get year round tyres which yours probably are.
Thanks mate,is it just a case of asking the local tyre supplier which ones are suitable,can I ask if anyone can tell me how much it alters the mpg when you step up in tyre sizes

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look in the wheels and tyres section and decide what sort you need. Then throw the question out there if you have one.
I went from 16" to 18" and, if there is a difference in fuel consumption, I haven't noticed. Perhaps 1 or 2 mpg more at most. My original tyres were all round but I've since changed to winter tyres. This is because it still rains in the summer and I'd prefer the assurance of better grip during those times. Courses for horses.

Decide what you want to use it for, if you want it quieter and warmer for away weekends think sound proofing and insulation, probably with panels to the interior, carpeted if you are looking for a nice finish and the electrics to go with it as it's easier now than retrofitting. The trouble is the options are endless and the costs as high as your credit card can cope with.

Have a look in the wheels and tyres section and decide what sort you need. Then throw the question out there if you have one.
I went from 16" to 18" and, if there is a difference in fuel consumption, I haven't noticed. Perhaps 1 or 2 mpg more at most. My original tyres were all round but I've since changed to winter tyres. This is because it still rains in the summer and I'd prefer the assurance of better grip during those times. Courses for horses.
thanks mate that s a good idea,

Decide what you want to use it for, if you want it quieter and warmer for away weekends think sound proofing and insulation, probably with panels to the interior, carpeted if you are looking for a nice finish and the electrics to go with it as it's easier now than retrofitting. The trouble is the options are endless and the costs as high as your credit card can cope with.
yes mate I can see how expensive this can become.To be honest I only need it ply lined inside which it has,its going to be my everyday vehicle and used for fishing so as long as it looks good from the outside
when you went onto the 18 s mate did you have the van lowered at all or does it look nice without dropping it down

I had it lowered at the same time. B14s plus A&R anti-roll bars. It's a completely different beast now. Handles like a car.

Ask to see some people's vans with the 18"s and not lowered to give you an impression of how yours will look.

afternoon,I have just purchased my first ever transporter T28 Highline and quite excited if I am honest.
Now I am just after making the odd tweek here and there but as I am new to all this you will have to bare with me a little.
Definitely getting a rear spoiler put on
I was also looking at increasing the alloy size and width but nothing over the top,if I went with a 17 or 18 inch alloy is it just a straight forward swap from the 16 inch standard ones.
thanks in advance
To get the ball rolling: One of the best, cheapest and most satisfying mod I’ve done (and this maybe just coz I’m simple) was the smoked sequential side indicators. Very cheap and very quick to fit and I still find it pleasurable to lock and unlock:D

I think if I ever managed to put them in the wing mirrors like some of the much cleverer people on here I would have a total overload!

@tonyteeth ....Run for the hills.....Don’t listen to anyone that way you can’t find new ways to raid the piggy bank, pension pot and all the money you ever had ..
Only joking lots of good guys will always point you the right way...enjoy ur van :whistle::whistle::whistle:

I had it lowered at the same time. B14s plus A&R anti-roll bars. It's a completely different beast now. Handles like a car.

Ask to see some people's vans with the 18"s and not lowered to give you an impression of how yours will look.
Here you go....gives you an idea of 18"s and not lowered. Rather high but may sort eventually.20200314_165325.jpg

I really dont know, I would have to ask forum members.....30/40mm ???
30mm eibach springs for me ...but If yours is a 6.1 van don’t know what’s available but if it’s a t6 then there’s all sorts ...but you need to consider the weight you might carry and the comfort level you seek...test drive other setups if you can. Could save you a lot of heart ache and wholly pockets:thumbsup:

30mm eibach springs for me ...but If yours is a 6.1 van don’t know what’s available but if it’s a t6 then there’s all sorts ...but you need to consider the weight you might carry and the comfort level you seek...test drive other setups if you can. Could save you a lot of heart ache and wholly pockets:thumbsup:
Thank you VanDamMan, i will carefully consider options when I get round to it. I have heard there are problems with the 6.1. Cheers for the advice.

Back