New speeding fines

thats lovely!

I miss my hard corals too. Lost a load after moving house and haven't had the heart to start them again.
Some I had from frags for over 6/7 years at the time!

Well the essence of this story is don't get caught speeding as if you will be doing 50 in a 3o zone of 101mph along the motorway though I think some of the Cali drivers I have see along the M4 are getting that way

@Colinlp - that is awesome!!
Roadrunner - I got flashed in France. Speed limit dropped from 90 to 70km/h and I didn't slow quick enough. Satnav told me too. Felt a bit guilty but I won't be getting any points.
Limits are weird in France - tiny roads on the Ile de Re were 56mpg (80km/h I think) - built up, cycle paths everywhere, etc yet some huge two lane roads have a slight bend and drop to 70km/h.

Waiting for the NIP to land on my door mat in about a weeks time when Thames Valley Police have sent it to the lease company, who then send it back with my details, and TVP send it on. It'll say "at 02:14 on Sunday 23rd April I was clocked doing 45mph on the Botley Road in Oxford which is a 30mph zone" (saw the flashes, knew it was coming). Am I worried, nope. Had my blue lights on, was on a bona-fide response (not just late for tea break) and was within policy of no more than 20mph above the posted limit. I actually look forward to sending them back to get them cancelled. Mind you it is a PITA as if someone in the ticket office actually looked at the picture they would see the blue light on the roof, and the blues flashing that are built inside my rear light clusters, and wouldn't need to waste tax payers money on paper, stamps and envelopes.

So reading this has the 10% over the limit been done away with like Scotland?
What happens if your clocks are out due to bigger wheels, do you have to rely on the speed of your satnav to calculate your true speed.

Waiting for the NIP to land on my door mat in about a weeks time when Thames Valley Police have sent it to the lease company, who then send it back with my details, and TVP send it on. It'll say "at 02:14 on Sunday 23rd April I was clocked doing 45mph on the Botley Road in Oxford which is a 30mph zone" (saw the flashes, knew it was coming). Am I worried, nope. Had my blue lights on, was on a bona-fide response (not just late for tea break) and was within policy of no more than 20mph above the posted limit. I actually look forward to sending them back to get them cancelled. Mind you it is a PITA as if someone in the ticket office actually looked at the picture they would see the blue light on the roof, and the blues flashing that are built inside my rear light clusters, and wouldn't need to waste tax payers money on paper, stamps and envelopes.
Reminds me a good few years ago the wife got done in a temp 40 limit (down from 50), her boss at Hampshire Constabulary wound her up no end over it, turned out the same day the Chief Constables wife got done at the same speed trap, so she was in good company and funny enough the ribbing stopped!

Spent many an hour driving along that road to Kandy Mead, see the camera is still there then

What were you in?

Back