Several faults, is one causing the other?? 15560/15918/31103

LambethBoy

204 DSG 4Motion
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi guys, trying to get this sorted out.
Fault codes as listed below.
Started about 4 months ago with the P0672 fault but seems to be running absolutely fine, then the other two faults started.
Have cleared them but they do come back.
Would a faulty glow plug cause the other issues or are they all seperate?
VCDS engine not running.
Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Attachments

• Log-RK67ZXD-WV1ZZZ7HZHH168531-64000.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 9
Have cleared them but they do come back.
How did you try to clear the codes?
(a) under Auto-Scan - clear all DTCs​
or​
(b) all controllers separately: VCDS > Select > Controller (Engine) > Fault codes > Clear codes​

T6 doesn't seem to honor very well broadcast message sent by method (a) thus fails to clear faults.
In my experience better use method (b) on T6.

Would a faulty glow plug cause the other issues or are they all seperate?
They are all separate.

31103 is a thing in the past - it doesn't have the freeze frame data which means it's gone a long time ago.

For 15560 check these

How did you try to clear the codes?
(a) under Auto-Scan - clear all DTCs​
or​
(b) all controllers separately: VCDS > Select > Controller (Engine) > Fault codes > Clear codes​

T6 doesn't seem to honor very well broadcast message sent by method (a) thus fails to clear faults.
In my experience better use method (b) on T6.

They are all separate.

31103 is a thing in the past - it doesn't have the freeze frame data which means it's gone a long time ago.

For 15560 check these
Hello buddy, have used both methods, usually B.
Will have a read through that other thread. I think the first thing to do would be to change out that glow plug or check the wiring.
Do you know if any of the guys on here have a full breakdown of how to get to the glow plugs?

Reactions: mmi
Even though that has been cleared and returns?
Well, the missing freeze frame data made be believe that the faults were not actually cleared. Also I have noticed that it takes some time/driving (50 miles minimum) to get the 31103 fault registered again after clearing it.

Back