New Kombi - what options would you recommend?

12 months but that could be optimistic looking at how long some people have had to wait. I’d be very happy if I get it next year, at least the finance rate and price is locked in.
Good to know Plasko, many thanks. Fingers crossed it arrives as soon as possible for you!

My personal list:

150 Highline DSG 2WD SWB
LED headlights
80L fuel tank
Power latching on doors (I personally hated the electric sliding doors)
Towbar prep
Rear view camera
Heated washer jets
Factory swivel seats - single front passenger
2+1 rear seats

DIY day 1 additions (Ordered in advance):
- Carpets from rug for bugs, kept the standard rubber flooring for muddy days
- Sound deadening and insulation in rear and cab
- ply panels covered in suede (waiting for pop top to be fitted July 2022 before carpet lining metal work)
- Extra door seals

I think that is everything. Our use case is 80% daily family hauler and 20% weekend camping so are going down the kombi day van route.

Sounds great NothernJoy…
Understand the power latch is a nice addition to have but keen to find out why you hated the electric sliding doors as well?
If you have swivel captain seats in the front am I right in thinking you lose the ability to adjust the height on them?
Cheers for the info, much appreciated!

I see quite a few are choosing a carpet in the cab, I wish I didn't although I had to have it for the comfort dash on the T6, as this isn't an option any more I definitely wouldn't order it - it's not very good quality, really wiry and clings on to detritus plus with a kombi the rear floor will still be rubber so it doesn't match front to back. I'd much prefer a rubber floor through out with some quality mats to tart it up which can be removed when muddy feet are about.
Thanks Gavinda…much appreciated. The more I read the more I am thinking no carpet factory fitting…and buy a decent set of mats! Cheers

Heat those front seats!
Thanks JOG, the colder it gets, the more I am thinking heat those seats!

I see quite a few are choosing a carpet in the cab, I wish I didn't although I had to have it for the comfort dash on the T6, as this isn't an option any more I definitely wouldn't order it - it's not very good quality, really wiry and clings on to detritus plus with a kombi the rear floor will still be rubber so it doesn't match front to back. I'd much prefer a rubber floor through out with some quality mats to tart it up which can be removed when muddy feet are about.

Sounds great NothernJoy…
Understand the power latch is a nice addition to have but keen to find out why you hated the electric sliding doors as well?
If you have swivel captain seats in the front am I right in thinking you lose the ability to adjust the height on them?
The power opening/closing makes an infernal beeping on a campsite. Frequently, people using them don’t let the door do its thing, but shove it along!

With power latching, the door is assisted with the first/last bit of opening/closing. No bloomin beeping or waiting for the door to do its magic. Also, it is much better than the kids hanging off the handles trying to open it!

Must haves:

Better head lights (the H4 units are woefully inadequate)
Heated seats
rear camera
2+1 rear seats
twin rear sliding doors

PLUS, and these should be standard

extra door seals
extra sound proofing

If you plan to convert in the future, add additional battery, factory diesel heater ,
If using a converter to insulate and do pop top conversion etc, Is it better / cheaper to get this from VW rather than getting it as part of the conversion?

Sounds great NothernJoy…
What Jog said and it’s something else to go wrong, expensive to fix.

What Jog said and it’s something else to go wrong, expensive to fix.
The "pinch" sensor (stops door closing is it detects an obstacle) in my T5.1 Cali sliding door got pinched (yep, pun intended!) and the door functioned intermittently...............£300 for the stealer to replace a few years ago! (Think I'd rather have caught my finger in the bloomin door!) That said, I do regret that our T6 Cali didn't come with power latching. Chatting with @Pauly, it could be a tricky retrofit as it is a Cali.

The power opening/closing makes an infernal beeping on a campsite. Frequently, people using them don’t let the door do its thing, but shove it along!

With power latching, the door is assisted with the first/last bit of opening/closing. No bloomin beeping or waiting for the door to do its magic. Also, it is much better than the kids hanging off the handles trying to open it!
Kids hanging off handles…I am sure mine will give it their best shot! Cheers JOG, info much appreciated.

Must haves:

Heated seats
rear camera
2+1 rear seats
twin rear sliding doors

extra door seals
extra sound proofing
Thank Murdoch, info much appreciated. Have read that the standard light units are woefull on another thread…all good to know.
Cheers

Go buy a game of Solitaire, a large box of 'patience pills' and a 2022 calendar to mark the days off as you wait for it, maybe a 2023 one as well!

Reactions: CAB

My brother's got a 4motion with power doors from Leighton and his doesn't beep. I guess they can code the function off.

Winter underpants are far cheaper and also work when you’re not sat in the van.
And for the occasions when “commando”, with mood lighting in the footwell…?!!

Must haves:

Heated seats
rear camera
2+1 rear seats
twin rear sliding doors

extra door seals
extra sound proofing
What’s the deal with the extra door seals? Are they just bad quality?

What’s the deal with the extra door seals? Are they just bad quality?

They help quieten down the road noise.

Lol - I didn’t realise this, bit of a silly corner to cut! Sounds like a cheap fix for a decent result, so I’ll definitely give that a go! Cheers guys and appreciate the link StueyStuey

Back