New Kombi - what options would you recommend?

bblake

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all
In the process or deciding the options on a new T6.1 Kombi Highline T30 150 that I am hoping to order within the next month.
So many optional extras on the VW configurator!
I have a rough idea on what to go for but was keen to get an opinion on anything to absolutely avoid or anything that is an absolute must have?
Any advice much appreciated!

Might be worth posting your current thinking on spec and we can make it more expensive for you... ;)

I recently order a 204 T32 DSG Kombi, and added quite a few options based on what my brother has on his Leighton Kombi.
Added:
DSG - if you do any amount of mileage this is a must.
LED headlights - again a must as the existing are pretty weak and the LEDs look very cool
Heated seat - had them in my last 3 vehicle and wouldn't be without
Powered side doors - mixed feeling on forum about these but i think they add to the premium feel.
Active Lane Assist - mainly to get the leds in the mirror when a vehicle is in your blind spot
Media Nav - slightly larger display and NAV built in but would likely still use google via phone
High beam assist - just lazy and like it in wife's car
Rear camera - wouldn't be without it on a van especially as opted for solid tailgate
Solid tailgate - keep bikes in back away from view
Bulkhead - ditto and also quietens the van considerably (although will still get it soundproofed after delivery)
Heated washer nozzles - drive in Alps quite a bit so no-brainer
Front carpet - cant believe a 40k van doesn't have carpet as standard.:mad::mad:
Roof rails - just for the look.

2021 delivery
Have been told delivery 10-12 months max from order date...hopefully worth the wait!

I recently order a 204 T32 DSG Kombi, and added quite a few options based on what my brother has on his Leighton Kombi.
Added:
DSG - if you do any amount of mileage this is a must.
LED headlights - again a must as the existing are pretty weak and the LEDs look very cool
Heated seat - had them in my last 3 vehicle and wouldn't be without
Powered side doors - mixed feeling on forum about these but i think they add to the premium feel.
Active Lane Assist - mainly to get the leds in the mirror when a vehicle is in your blind spot
Media Nav - slightly larger display and NAV built in but would likely still use google via phone
High beam assist - just lazy and like it in wife's car
Rear camera - wouldn't be without it on a van especially as opted for solid tailgate
Solid tailgate - keep bikes in back away from view
Bulkhead - ditto and also quietens the van considerably (although will still get it soundproofed after delivery)
Heated washer nozzles - drive in Alps quite a bit so no-brainer
Front carpet - cant believe a 40k van doesn't have carpet as standard.:mad::mad:
Roof rails - just for the look.
Many thanks for this, much appreciated...matches up a lot with what other owners have told me...would have thought the carpet would be standard as well!
Thanks again

Have been told delivery 10-12 months max from order date...hopefully worth the wait!
Been quoted similar. Ordered a month ago and hoping for next July when my Transit goes back, but not a big issue if i need to extend.

Might be worth posting your current thinking on spec and we can make it more expensive for you... ;)
Good idea David...initial shopping list:

Kombi T6.1 SWB 150 Manual
Pure grey
Swivel seat passenger side
LED daytime lights inc Tailgate
Parking sensors
Rear view camera
Power sliding doors left and right
Carpet in cab
Side airbag in front
Tailgate with window and power latching
Heated front seats
Heated washers

Are you going to make it more expensive?! :p

Been quoted similar. Ordered a month ago and hoping for next July when my Transit goes back, but not a big issue if i need to extend.
Similar position...lease car that runs out in July 2022...can be extended month by month. Hopefully not too long! Just done received a quote from Autoebid after reading about them on another thread...just under £5000 cheaper than local dealer quote...anyone used AutoeBid recently and have any thoughts on them?

Similar position...lease car that runs out in July 2022...can be extended month by month. Hopefully not too long! Just done received a quote from Autoebid after reading about them on another thread...just under £5000 cheaper than local dealer quote...anyone used AutoeBid recently and have any thoughts on them?
Just ordered using them last month, very helpful I couldn't fault them. Once your happy with your spec and the price they just pass your details to the be dealership and you do the rest with them.

Just ordered using them last month, very helpful I couldn't fault them. Once your happy with your spec and the price they just pass your details to the be dealership and you do the rest with them.
Thanks Plasko
Useful info, much appreciated. Call to Autoebid tomorrow then! What is the delivery time scale you have been given out of interest?
Cheers

Last edited:
I second that. Karen is really helpful and so far it’s been a painless process. Even armed with the Autoebid price, my local dealer was still nearly £3k more after their maximum discount was applied.
Delivery anytime before ICEs are banned in 2030 would seem to be a bonus currently

My personal list:

150 Highline DSG 2WD SWB
LED headlights
80L fuel tank
Power latching on doors (I personally hated the electric sliding doors)
Towbar prep
Rear view camera
Heated washer jets
Factory swivel seats - single front passenger
2+1 rear seats

DIY day 1 additions (Ordered in advance):
- Carpets from rug for bugs, kept the standard rubber flooring for muddy days
- Sound deadening and insulation in rear and cab
- ply panels covered in suede (waiting for pop top to be fitted July 2022 before carpet lining metal work)
- Extra door seals

I think that is everything. Our use case is 80% daily family hauler and 20% weekend camping so are going down the kombi day van route.

Thanks Plasko
Useful info, much appreciated. Call to Autoebid tomorrow then! What is the delivery time scale you have been given out of interest?
Cheers
12 months but that could be optimistic looking at how long some people have had to wait. I’d be very happy if I get it next year, at least the finance rate and price is locked in.

My personal list:

150 Highline DSG 2WD SWB
LED headlights
80L fuel tank
Power latching on doors (I personally hated the electric sliding doors)
Towbar prep
Rear view camera
Heated washer jets
Factory swivel seats - single front passenger
2+1 rear seats

DIY day 1 additions (Ordered in advance):
- Carpets from rug for bugs, kept the standard rubber flooring for muddy days
- Sound deadening and insulation in rear and cab
- ply panels covered in suede (waiting for pop top to be fitted July 2022 before carpet lining metal work)
- Extra door seals

I think that is everything. Our use case is 80% daily family hauler and 20% weekend camping so are going down the kombi day van route.
Heat those front seats!

I second that. Karen is really helpful and so far it’s been a painless process. Even armed with the Autoebid price, my local dealer was still nearly £3k more after their maximum discount was applied.
Delivery anytime before ICEs are banned in 2030 would seem to be a bonus currently
Many thanks RFD. Spoke with local dealer today…told them about the Autoebid quote, going in on Sat to see if they can even get close! Hoping for delivery before 2030!

Back