New kirivan swivel base

Jonni2rets

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi has anyone purchased one of the new design swivel bases? if so any issues regarding rocking or squeaking

IMG_3893.png

We got them.

And are in the process of returning them due to IMHO excess rocking when driving.

Done a video clip for them and they said they would replace.

They are to replace for RIB units.

Looks like the rib units have interlocking cone sections to prevent this.

The mototcraft/sport ones Seems recommended as well.

We got them.

And are in the process of returning them due to IMHO excess rocking when driving.

Done a video clip for them and they said they would replace.

They are to replace for RIB units.

Looks like the rib units have interlocking cone sections to prevent this.

The mototcraft/sport ones Seems recommended as well.

Thanks for your feedback regarding these I’ll definitely look into the rib units.

Hi has anyone purchased one of the new design swivel bases? if so any issues regarding rocking or squeaking

View attachment 215185
Agreed, If you can get one of the earlier RIB bases they are as solid as an Anvil. The only thing it doesn't do is lock into place when it turned. That was solved by drilling a hole through both plates to drop an M8 bolt through.

The first 4 pics are on installation and checking battery height etc. The last pic was after doing some re-wiring / earth lead update etc.

20190822_101355.jpg

20190822_114609.jpg

20190822_130234.jpg

20190823_130532.jpg

20210330_160854.jpg

Agreed, If you can get one of the earlier RIB bases they are as solid as an Anvil. The only thing it doesn't do is lock into place when it turned. That was solved by drilling a hole through both plates to drop an M8 bolt through.

The first 4 pics are on installation and checking battery height etc. The last pic was after doing some re-wiring / earth lead update etc.

View attachment 215231

View attachment 215232

View attachment 215233

View attachment 215234

View attachment 215235

Thanks for all your input it’s definitely helped me decide what to go for now.

Just taken my drivers side RIB out the seat even on its lowest setting was to high for the wife to drive so no swivel for the driver but will keep the passenger
Simon

Hi Yes its up for grabs but its very very heavy so collection would be preferred or name your price and i will find out transport costs to add to
Simon

Hi we are in Stafford i will weigh it on Sat for you and get a price to send it down shame you cant wait until November we will be in Bracknell visiting the grandkids long way off though

Hi we are in Stafford i will weigh it on Sat for you and get a price to send it down shame you cant wait until November we will be in Bracknell visiting the grandkids long way off though
I am not in a rush. Let me know how much you want for it

I bought these, and unfortunately I am sending them back. I thought it was me! Rocking is very unsettling. Discussed with Kiravans and they have been great about taking them back, but no stock of any alternatives, so back for a refund.

Great idea, but seems like they have a manufacturing problem.

Anyone else got any experience with these?

They seem ideal as I need one with the rotating handle at the front and also not too high, the new Kiravans ones are supposed to be only 19mm high which would have been perfect for me.

They are out of stock, so I wonder if they are being remanufactured?

Anyone else got any experience with these?

They seem ideal as I need one with the rotating handle at the front and also not too high, the new Kiravans ones are supposed to be only 19mm high which would have been perfect for me.

They are out of stock, so I wonder if they are being remanufactured?
I had an email this morning to say they're back in stock.

I am looking at this as well. Do you need the handbrake lowering kit or is it a nice to have?

It depends on your needs, this seat base raises the seat 1.9 cm apparently so you need to go and look at your seats put your seat right down and see with this raise whether you think the seat spinning will clear or not

As an update on the new Kiravans ones.

I spoke to them and they admitted they’d had issues with the first batch and this has been fixed.

They are now in stock and I’ve had mine delivered.

Tried to fit my passenger one but it hits the top of the leisure battery.

Any recommendations for a swivel that allows for a pleasure battery that sits slightly higher than the seat?

Back