Caravelle seat doesn’t swivel

Taff Deluxe

Hello

I’ve just bought a great T6 Caravelle, but only one of the second (middle) row seats has the swivel base. Would anyone care to swap a swivel seat for my non swivel seat?

In Surrey would be ideal, but will travel if needed.

This is the seat cover style in image.

Thanks.

IMG_0967.jpeg

On the Caravelle both are swivel seats. If you bought it off main Dealer it’s for them to fix the issue. Swivel seat will make you 1k lighter.
I don’t think anybody would swap their swivel to non swivel.

On the Caravelle both are swivel seats. If you bought it off main Dealer it’s for them to fix the issue. Swivel seat will make you 1k lighter.
I don’t think anybody would swap their swivel to non swivel.
Hi Crazymind,

So was there not a non swivel type? I didn’t buy from a main dealer. Is it possible the level is broken or missing on this non swivel seat? Could a repair be an option?

I’m very new to T6’s

Thanks

I’m sure I’ve seen some on ebay described as non swivel.

I too think you’ll be lucky to find a swap unless someone just about to trade their Caravelle in!

I’m sure I’ve seen some on ebay described as non swivel.

I too think you’ll be lucky to find a swap unless someone just about to trade their Caravelle in!
Thanks Paynewright,

More than happy to add money to the swap if anyone is interested.

There are indeed two types of Velle seat. Those that swivel and those that don't. On some of the Exec models they came as a 2 / 2/ 2 and the rear 2 didn't swivel.

Have a good look at both seats and compare to see if something is missing or broken. Add some photos from the front and the rear.

There are indeed two types of Velle seat. Those that swivel and those that don't. On some of the Exec models they came as a 2 / 2/ 2 and the rear 2 didn't swivel.

Have a good look at both seats and compare to see if something is missing or broken. Add some photos from the front and the rear.
Thanks Archersam,

I’ve checked and they are different seats, their tilt handles are in different places. Just looking now on eBay for a swivel one. Wondering if I could find someone to part ex so I’m not left with a non swivel I don’t need.

Yeah it's only the middle row captains chairs that swivel, if it was specced from new as having 2x captains chairs on the rear row, they don't swivel.

If it doesn't have the little lever in on the middle on the front of the seat it's not a swivel one.

Hi, I have two captains chairs in 2nd row in my caravelle, that don't swivel, any recommendations where to buy the swivel pates, please.

Hi, I have two captains chairs in 2nd row in my caravelle, that don't swivel, any recommendations where to buy the swivel pates, please.
Hi Barry
After much research I can confirm that there are 2 types of captains chairs for the rear passenger seats in a caravelle. Those that rotate and those that don’t. And you can’t buy anything to get the ones that don’t rotate to rotate. Essentially the non rotating ones are usually fitted at the back row if you don’t want a bench. If you want your second row to rotate, you’ll be needing to look at eBay for used ones or VW for new ones. And then try and sell your non rotating ones.

Thanks Taff, however these are the 2nd row seats, so I'm assuming that they can be made to swivel so they can face the front.

Thanks Taff, however these are the 2nd row seats, so I'm assuming that they can be made to swivel so they can face the front.
If they're not the swivelling chairs then you can't 'make' them swivel. However, if they're facing rearwards then it sounds like they've been fitted the wrong way round?

The swivelling ones have a small handle at the front which allows them to swivel.

Obviously this isn't as good as swivelling, but if you want them facing either backwards or forwards, you can lift them out of the rails and turn them through 180°.

Back