New gas bottle will not run the heating?

Yes good point regarding the size of the 2.7kg bottle. I coild always fit a contents gauge. Larger bottle not an option inside sadly and the fitter tells me that any gaslow bottle isnt designed to be underlung?
Might be worth looking at the Gasit system, they have underslung tanks.
GAS IT EASYFIT self refillable underslung or internal gas tank for use in any Motorhome, Caravan, Campervan, Farrier, Catering and Road Repair lorries and vans. - GAS IT Leisure Gas Bottles, Gas Cylincers and Gas Tanks - Catering, Motorhome, Campervan, Caravan, Farrier and Road Repair Refillable Gas Solutions.

Just a follow up to say I went with the Gaslow system in the end. Had a 2.7kg fitted to the already fitted gas compartment, filler located on the bumper behind driver side rear wheel, so no cutting into bodywork. Only a few weeks in but we did 5 days up in Aviemore a few weeks ago and used the gas everyday, including the propex heater on one evening/morning, really pleased with it.
There's not so many LPG stations as I thought in the UK (not that we had to refill at any point) but there seems to be loads that are marked as being LPG stations online that now aren't. Just a tip for anyone considering LPG to plan in advance where you can pick some up from in the area that you're travelling just in case you ever run short :)

Back