New Caravelle + Detailing

SNACK

Caravelle Executive 204BHP DSG
T6 Pro
Hi all,

We've been on the look out for a Caravelle to suit our growing family, and here it is.

The kids love it just as much as we do, which is a bonus!
  • 204 DSG
  • LED pack (aka arc eye pack)
  • Privacy glass / sliding windows (great for the kids)
  • ACC + Side scan
  • Lowered 20mm (factory spec?)
A few niggles, but all hopefully fixed under warranty soon. Faulty A/C in recent hot weather was not fun!

Also been trying my hand at some detailing - this big thing takes a while to clean up!

Big thanks to this forum. Seems to be the best place for all of the nitty gritty tech info.

Cheers

van.jpg rear.jpg led.jpg interior.jpg interior-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all,

We've been on the look out for a Caravelle to suit our growing family, and here it is.Isd yours
The kids love it just as much as we do, which is a bonus!
  • 204 DSG
  • LED pack (aka arc eye pack)
  • Privacy glass / sliding windows (great for the kids)
  • ACC + Side scan
  • Lowered 20mm (factory spec?)
A few niggles, but all hopefully fixed under warranty soon. Faulty A/C in recent hot weather was not fun!

Also been trying my hand at some detailing - this big thing takes a while to clean up!

Big thanks to this forum. Seems to be the best place for all of the nitty gritty tech info.

Cheers

View attachment 42051 View attachment 42052 View attachment 42053 View attachment 42054 View attachment 42055
Is yours a Caravelle Executive?, if so it will be 20mm lower factory spec, I think.
I'm looking at changing my 17" wheels to 18", I want VW OEM's I must say I really do like your Tolucas
I would fit 15mm front / 15mm 0r 20mm rear spacers to the wheels ( I guess your tyres are 255/45/18"s?) It makes a big difference to the stance.
I have wind deflectors (climair) on my mine; so when we park up on hot days there is always some ventilation, with no risk of rain getting in.
I upgraded my front speakers and fitted an amp, as I really like it loud.
and between the front seats we have squeezed a
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dometic-CDF-11-Portable-Compressor-Freezer/dp/B003H60Q3A
91OTCwzo%2BFL._SL1500_.jpg

oh and some heavy duty front mats

va6292_genuine_vw_volkswagen_transporter_t6_heavy_duty_front_rubber_mats_600_jb_e.jpg

Where did you get it? And do you recommend them?

Vertu Volskwagen, Hereford. I would recommend them, but just make sure to check everything is working. They were tricky when it came to fixing a few things under warranty.

Is yours a Caravelle Executive?, if so it will be 20mm lower factory spec, I think.
I'm looking at changing my 17" wheels to 18", I want VW OEM's I must say I really do like your Tolucas
I would fit 15mm front / 15mm 0r 20mm rear spacers to the wheels ( I guess your tyres are 255/45/18"s?) It makes a big difference to the stance.
I have wind deflectors (climair) on my mine; so when we park up on hot days there is always some ventilation, with no risk of rain getting in.
I upgraded my front speakers and fitted an amp, as I really like it loud.

oh and some heavy duty front mats

The spec sheet mentioned -20mm lowering, but it also has "Heavy Duty Suspension and ARB" which can +20mm. It definitely sits lower than other vans I've seen though.

I was pretty happy with everything as factory, but am interested to know what the Tolucas would look like with spacers, and if it makes any difference to wear rate of suspension parts / handling?

Picked up some rubber matts from Rugs for Bugs for the boot and passenger area (we have kids) but we like the carpet up front for us :D

Mine is lowered 40mm on H&R springs, might try wheels spacers myself.

pSMBks7.jpg

Not cheap but brilliant. I use mine from the VW leisure battery and leave it on 24 x7. If you face it backwards you get cup holders in the back. Handbrake slightly fiddly but ok once you adopt a technique. Or slide it backward slightly.

Nothjng likenice cold drinks on a journey. And cold milk for a cup of tea.

I’ve even set it at -10 or something to keep lolly’s cold on a scout camp for an hour between supermarket and when they were ready to be eaten.
Compressor fridge massively different to a normal cheapo fridge.

Not cheap but brilliant. I use mine from the VW leisure battery and leave it on 24 x7. If you face it backwards you get cup holders in the back. Handbrake slightly fiddly but ok once you adopt a technique. Or slide it backward slightly.

Nothjng likenice cold drinks on a journey. And cold milk for a cup of tea.

I’ve even set it at -10 or something to keep lolly’s cold on a scout camp for an hour between supermarket and when they were ready to be eaten.
Compressor fridge massively different to a normal cheapo fridge.

Are the prices on Amazon till midnight very good deals or not?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dometic-CDF-11-Portable-Compressor-Freezer/dp/B071NSP51G?th=1

Jackson leisure seems to ring a bell as being good and they are £329 so bit cheaper on amazon.
Nay be cheaper elsewhere but have a google

I think there are two versions. Newer one is also 240v if that helps at all.
I never use mine 240v - this one cools in maybe 20 mins to 3 degrees using 12v

There is a drop down on the link for the 10.5 ltr model.

That’s what you want

Back