Nearly bought T6 today, need advice!

cf69

Hi
today I looked at a T6 manual 4motion T32 204ps - 17plate Kombi not bad with few dents, but overall ok condition..

I started it and wanted to rev it to see if any smoke can out the back but even with foot on the floor it wouldn't go past about 2500rpm - is this a T6 thing? worried me in case it was a limp mode type of engine saver? Anyway I drove it and it went fine revved up to redline and through all gears no problem so assumed it's a VW thing but never had that on a vehicle before - can anyone tell me if that is standard?
done about 55k miles and will need mot soon - when do they need timing belt and what is cost of servicing them as dashboard said "service now!" last done July 19. How much are these to get serviced and do people bother with VW or independent garages for value?

I would be looking at DIY camper conversion over time so got lots to read up on....

oh and it didn't have LED lights or adaptive cruise control and the guy wasn't sure about tank capacity either - do the 4 motions have larger tanks as standard? sorry for all the questions - dying to pull the trigger and buy it but the rev limiting thing put me off!
Cheers
D

All VW fly by wire engines only rev to 2500 when not moving.
standard tank is 70L
cam belt is 120,000KM but dealers like to say 4years.
why not ask them to service and MOT as part of the deal?

yay thanks so not a problem then!
I am trying to get a good deal so issue like the bodywork, needing a service, mot due are reasons to bargain.
More I save on purchase, more I have for conversion.....
How are the clutches on these - assume dual mass flywheels - any issue with them? Do I need to check for any recalls on a 17 van?
Thanks!

Back