my T6.1 with mods

Mike T6.1

Well the first two mods or upgrades to my T6.1 was to have oem factory vw highline reverse camera fitted. Now have best of both worlds . Front & rear parking sensors & now the highline reverse camera all on my colour composite media head unit.

Whilst in I also had the Thinkware Pro 800 front & rear dash cams fitted.

Next on my list will be the Scorpion S5 plus tracker, hopefully within the next few weeks.

February will be the next big mod when the T6.1 goes in for conversion.

Next year we'll be set for adventures.

Cheers
Mike

Nice. Any pics of the cams fitted? It's on my list to sort but hadn't heard of Thinkware. Just had a look and that looks like a really nice bit of kit.

I've had Thinkware 770s front and rear in all my vehicles for years, no problems whatsoever and great picture quality.

Well the first two mods or upgrades to my T6.1 was to have oem factory vw highline reverse camera fitted. Now have best of both worlds . Front & rear parking sensors & now the highline reverse camera all on my colour composite media head unit.

Whilst in I also had the Thinkware Pro 800 front & rear dash cams fitted.

Next on my list will be the Scorpion S5 plus tracker, hopefully within the next few weeks.

February will be the next big mod when the T6.1 goes in for conversion.

Next year we'll be set for adventures.

Cheers
Mike

Same here! Feb is conversion time for me!

Still getting the hang on posting in this forum, hope this works. Here is our T6.1, in a lovely Pearl Black I think.

20201011-141158.jpg

Infotainment unit showing VW Highline reverse camera, so happy I had this retro fitted.

20201123-142343.jpg

And the image comes from this camera mounted on the rear tailgate

20201123-142909.jpg

This is my Thinkware F800 Pro Front dash cam mounted in the cab & all hardwired into the vehicle electrics. Forgot to take a picture showing rear dash cam but we've had that mounted next to the rear wiper motor housing as advised by our Camper converters.

20201123-142727.jpg

One cable comes from the fuse box, the other 7m long cable runs all the way to the rear camera, all nicely concealled by the engineer fitting everything.

Hope I've not over done the photo upload, if too many let me know. I'll let you all know when the next upgrades get fitted.

Cheers for now.
Mike.

Congratulations on your van and welcome to the forum! Very tidy first mods too!

Still getting the hang on posting in this forum, hope this works. Here is our T6.1, in a lovely Pearl Black I think.

Infotainment unit showing VW Highline reverse camera, so happy I had this retro fitted.

This is my Thinkware F800 Pro Front dash cam mounted in the cab & all hardwired into the vehicle electrics. Forgot to take a picture showing rear dash cam but we've had that mounted next to the rear wiper motor housing as advised by our Camper converters.

One cable comes from the fuse box, the other 7m long cable runs all the way to the rear camera, all nicely concealled by the engineer fitting everything.

Hope I've not over done the photo upload, if too many let me know. I'll let you all know when the next upgrades get fitted.

Cheers for now.
Mike.

These look great, got my conversion booked in for January and was weighing up getting the OEM reversing camera retro fitted before then.

Never mind all that electrickery, have you done your dash rubber?

Or don't T6.1s need them? :think smile bounce:

Lovely looking van, any pics of the interior? :thumbsup:

Did you fit your own camera?
Good work, it’s mad drilling a hole in your brand new T6.1. But so worth it. Running the cables through the tailgate is a PITA too eh.

Wish we could take credit for these mods, but we actually got a company in Huddersfield to carry out the work, they are called Vanquish Customs.

They provided really great service & can highly recommend their work.

Looking forward to the camper conversion, once again we are letting the experts do the conversion, We are using Exploria who are based in Brighouse. They gave us a lovely guided tour round their workshop.

Will keep you in the loop when the time comes.

Catch you all later.
Mike

View attachment 92939

View attachment 92940

View attachment 92941

View attachment 92942

Cheers for now.
Mike.
Hi beautiful job I’ve just purchased a 6.1 same display with front and rear sensors but no rear camera. I want rear camera only so Can you tell me the part numbers I need to order off vw to complete this upgrade please. Thank you

Sorry I don't know the part number required. I do know it's available to buy as a complete kit, this includes the camera & full wiring harness. You will also need to remember it will need coding into the vehicle system, hence why I went for it retro fitting by a company in Huddersfield.

They did a really great job and got it all coding in so I can still have the parking sensors or switch to camera only.

The high line reversing camera also comes with those moving predicted guide lined, truly a great piece of kit.

Before having it fitted I had to supply the head unit firmware serial number & vehicle chassis number which was checked by them with the VW Head office to insure it was compatible, thankfully mine was.

Sorry couldn't give you the part number, but hope this other info will help.

I'm sure I just searched the internet with "oem geniune vw transporter reversing camera." Think kit was about £540 supplied, a cheaper low line version is available but it doesn't have the predicted guide lines & is lower image resolution.

Good luck with your fitting.

Mike

Back