Moving 3 seater bench to the 4th row

Mattdobinson

Hi Everyone,

We recently bought a T6 transporter Shuttle in LWB spec.
I’ve removed the roof lining, side trim and lifted the carpet.

the position of the floor brackets appear relatively straight forward, but the seat belt locations have left me wondering.
I’ve couple of videos where a plate is installed behind the horizontal beam (above windows), but the holes they refer to are not in In my vehicle, no real issue as I can drill, but what about reenforcment? Is this required.

im also struggling to identify a suitable location to mount the seatbelt reel and final locking bolt as a lot of the the wheel arch is cut away for the profile of the ducting and side trim.

Im cautious that I don’t want the seat belts to fail if we have an accident. Has anyone else com0et3 this upgrade already?

Thank you for any help

Matt

Hi
Sorry, I can’t answer your question, but I am curious to know how thick the carpet is and what is underneath it.
I’m undecided on whether to lift mine, or just 3mm rubber over the top.
thanks

How did you resolve the seatbelt issue? I’m doing the conversion in my van. The left one doesn't seem too difficult. But the right one with the rear AC does seem like it could be an issue.

Hi Everyone,

We recently bought a T6 transporter Shuttle in LWB spec.
I’ve removed the roof lining, side trim and lifted the carpet.

the position of the floor brackets appear relatively straight forward, but the seat belt locations have left me wondering.
I’ve couple of videos where a plate is installed behind the horizontal beam (above windows), but the holes they refer to are not in In my vehicle, no real issue as I can drill, but what about reenforcment? Is this required.

im also struggling to identify a suitable location to mount the seatbelt reel and final locking bolt as a lot of the the wheel arch is cut away for the profile of the ducting and side trim.

Im cautious that I don’t want the seat belts to fail if we have an accident. Has anyone else com0et3 this upgrade already?

Thank you for any help

Matt
Hello, did You manage to install 4th row seatbelts? i would like to do the same for European Caravelle. Do you still have a part numbers for seatbelts and brackets, is seatbelts the same as for 3rd row - (only without extenders at the roof), or they different? Thanks.

Back